Too Good To Go?

irvinehomeowner

Does anyone know about this app? Basically partners with area eateries to sell their leftovers at a discount to minimize food waste.

Most of the places on there are bakeries (and donut stores) but even California Fish Grill is one of the eateries.

You can schedule picking up "surprise bag" for certain times of the day that is basically a variety of food that is heavily discounted.

For example, recently my friend got a box of 20 donuts for $7.

I'm tempted by the Amotrio Chocolate $18 bag for $5.99. :)

I downloaded the app and have Terra Mia and Sals Pizzeria (the district) as pizza options

I've used it before. Once for donuts and another time for pastries from a coffee shop. You can tell it's day old - but if you don't mind it's a great deal. The pastries could be reheated in the toaster or air fryer and come out nicely. Donuts aren't that good dry.

this sounds pretty fun, I'll have to try it and report back. sounds like it might work in the short term but long term, I have a feeling the quality is going to go down..

I've used it before. Once for donuts and another time for pastries from a coffee shop. You can tell it's day old - but if you don't mind it's a great deal. The pastries could be reheated in the toaster or air fryer and come out nicely. Donuts aren't that good dry.
Wouldn't the donuts be same day donuts? Pick-up time is 11AM so I'm assuming it's not from the day before.

Maybe. But either way, you can tell they're old. A little bit dry and a little bit harder than a fresh donut.
I’ve used it for donuts and the donuts were fresh. Every store probably varies. I think there are some that use it a normal sales channel and give you fresh donuts.

Just picked up donuts and cashier mentioned they were made in the morning (tasted as expected). Great deal as I normally pick up donuts late morning anyway. Cheaper than the price I pay for 4 donuts.

From which donut store? Donut Star off Jamboree/Irvine Blvd?

Let us know how those taste. I've seen it but have yet to try.

Haven't tried them yet but it's a box of dark chocolate with hazelnuts (which I actually like since I'm Eastern European and most Eastern European chocolates with nuts puts hazelnuts in them (my dad brought that back with him from his trip to Europe for me last month). haha

Back