Toll Brothers at Amalfi Hills

jamboreedude

Toll Brothers at Amalfi Hills - Sorrento Collection

The prices for these huge magnificent homes (by OC standards) and sites are at about $1.2 million and up. That comes to about $265/sq. feet. Why so cheap in comparison to Irvine new homes? Also, NO mello-roos and low HOA in comparison to Irvine Pacific $300 HOA and 1.6% total effective tax rate.

Woah! I just checked out the link. Did you guys see the plans with the split 4-car garages? - 2 and 2. When do you ever see that?! Never. Gimme, gimme, gimme. Nice homes.  :-*

I heard about luxury homes being built on abandoned and capped off oil wells. Hope these are not them :)
I like Cresenta. The floor plan looks grand, yet is compact enough to be under control. Four car garage gives a feeling of duplex house, and also, 2+2 driving independently and still living together is not my kind of ideal arrangement..

irvinehomeowner said:
jamboreedude said:
Why so cheap in comparison to Irvine new homes?
Because it's Yorba Linda and not Irvine. :)

Is Amalfi Hills near the "black gold" area?
Question to those in the know: If the black gold is abandoned and capped off/ remediated/ whatevered, do they need to disclose it to the buyer?

Wow, I just noticed the double staircases (circular). Very nice. Two-story foyers. Nice.

The only thing missing is a circular driveway! That would be very cool.

It is a pet peeve of mine when they don't make a path directly to the front door from the sidewalk without having to step on the driveway. That was one of the things I looked for in a home.

SoCal said:
It is a pet peeve of mine when they don't make a path directly to the front door from the sidewalk without having to step on the driveway. That was one of the things I looked for in a home.
I agree... although new Irvine houses have such small front yards... the sidewalk goes directly to the front door. :)

Out of all those floorplans at Amalfi Hills (9 of them?), the only one I'd consider is the single-level La Morra. But, the Toll Brothers' home designs are so traditional. I can do without a formal living room and formal dining room, which they all seem to feature, except La Morra. La Morra does have a formal dining room, but it's part of the great room so it'd work for me. Plus, it has the option for the casita.

I used to be a big fan of Toll Brothers' homes. They're nice, but the models are so overdone sometimes. But, it seems to me, there's just a lot of wasted space in general for most of their floorplans.

Back