To the OCDs of the board!

That was hilarious.

Stuff like that which I don't own or is not part of my life doesn't bother me... but it does if it's something under my control. Like I would go nuts with misaligned floor tiles.

Yes! the floor would drive me crazy! If I can fix it, I fit it immediately.. house, office, friend's house- I can't control myself..
These days kids know that certain things bother me. They have started setting me up :| Like tearing chips bag anyway they want to.

That's dangerous... kids who know their parents have OCD.

Can you have partial OCD? That's would probably describe me as I'm not totally obsessed about organizing everything but certain things have to be done a specific way (like dirty dishes should go in the section of the sink that has the insinkerator to allow for easier washing and food disposal).

It is! The younger one messes up my pillows (yes, there is an order to them), older one will always leave the closet a few inches open. I hope they don't start extorting money from me to keep things in an order :)

Partial OCD- might be. Dishes seem to be the basic or Level 1.

the one about the unused time being left on the microwave is the one i have recently dealt with. just the other day i reminded my wife for like the 1000th time to clear the damn time off the microwave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

qwerty said:
the one about the unused time being left on the microwave is the one i have recently dealt with. just the other day i reminded my wife for like the 1000th time to clear the damn time off the microwave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are not in the club- sorry. You waited for 1000 times before doing it yourself :)
A true OCD will clear it first, and then talk!

I've been noticing that I get OCD on some things.  Many years ago at our old house, the garage door was left open a few times.  It was due to our neighbor's remote and our's mixing.  We fixed that early on.  But since then, I have to check the garage door before going to be to make sure it's closed.  Even though it's never happened in since, I have to check.  When I notice myself starting to get OCD about anything, I force myself to not do it and get it out of my mind before I become full OCD.

Any mention of OCD reminds me of the scene in "Sleeping With The Enemy" where Julia Roberts notices the once messed up towels put back on the rack by the villain of the film, telling her that her OCD spouse is lurking about.

My OCD - twisted phone cords on peoples desk.

Back