To Everything There Is A Season...

I really like the name "Talk Irvine", though--its very much more casual and cafe inducing than Irvine Housing Blog, which sounds like I am at work reading a technical paper. Any chance you can maintain that? What do everyone else here think?

julstride said:
I really like the name "Talk Irvine", though--its very much more casual and cafe inducing than Irvine Housing Blog, which sounds like I am at work reading a technical paper. Any chance you can maintain that? What do everyone else here think?

"Cafe inducing". Love it! My new favorite adjective. "That's so cafe inducing."

User survey on name perhaps?

I prefer TI as it's both cafe inducing  ;) and much easier to type.  Graphics are much simpler to add / subtract.

My .02c

This thread is quite old, and actually, I had no idea about this change in ownership until today, but I wanted to throw a thank you out to SoCal for her hard work in creating/maintaining the site.  I actually first found IHB in its final days, and made the transition over to TI afterwards and really began to be active after the transition.  Ever since then, this has been a great resource for sharing information about Irvine real-estate, and there are countless things I've learned about here that I would have never learned elsewhere.  (However, it took my many weeks to finally figure out what the "FCB" term was that everyone used :p)  And this of course is due to the great members here who are quite dedicated and willing to help, explain, discuss, and debate different issues and topics as they arise, to whom I also thank greatly.

It's great that even after the huge rush of new members and discussions during the 2010 New Home Collection died down, the site continued to thrive and found new members.  I, myself, have converter to primarily being a lurker, but I do visit every now and then and hope to post more often in the near future...had to take a break from posting after some issues with other members.  While I don't actually know the new owner zovall, I'm sure TI is in good hands and look forward to seeing continued growth and success for the site.

Onwards and upwards!

ajw522 said:
This thread is quite old, and actually, I had no idea about this change in ownership until today, but I wanted to throw a thank you out to SoCal for her hard work in creating/maintaining the site.  I actually first found IHB in its final days, and made the transition over to TI afterwards and really began to be active after the transition.  Ever since then, this has been a great resource for sharing information about Irvine real-estate, and there are countless things I've learned about here that I would have never learned elsewhere.  (However, it took my many weeks to finally figure out what the "FCB" term was that everyone used :p)  And this of course is due to the great members here who are quite dedicated and willing to help, explain, discuss, and debate different issues and topics as they arise, to whom I also thank greatly.

It's great that even after the huge rush of new members and discussions during the 2010 New Home Collection died down, the site continued to thrive and found new members.  I, myself, have converter to primarily being a lurker, but I do visit every now and then and hope to post more often in the near future...had to take a break from posting after some issues with other members.  While I don't actually know the new owner zovall, I'm sure TI is in good hands and look forward to seeing continued growth and success for the site.

Onwards and upwards!

I remember a few people posted some very inappropriate things about you back in the day. That was uncool. Glad to see you back.

traceimage said:
ajw522 said:

Onwards and upwards!

I remember a few people posted some very inappropriate things about you back in the day. That was uncool. Glad to see you back.

Yes, indeed it was quite inappropriate things...still trying to understand the motives behind those personal attacks.  Thank you for your words, I appreciate it.  Glad to be back, but I plan on posting sparingly - I see too much drama and personal fights going on here that I'd rather not get involved in too often. :)

ajw522 said:
Yes, indeed it was quite inappropriate things...still trying to understand the motives behind those personal attacks.  Thank you for your words, I appreciate it.  Glad to be back, but I plan on posting sparingly - I see too much drama and personal fights going on here that I'd rather not get involved in too often. :)

To be honest, ajw, I don't think it was you they were truly disgruntled with. I think it was me.... and you were unfortunately, a byproduct of that. That group of people was determined to pick apart every single thing I did on this site from the rules to the aesthetics to the content and everything in between... because they weren't happy unless they were calling the shots around here, plain and simple. That was the real underlying issue. They couldn't deal with it, so they took it out on you. I really am sorry that happened to you. It wasn't your fault. You didn't deserve it. I was really upset they did it as well. I have a lot of bad memories from that time period that are just... yuck. I even missed a day of work back then due to the stress of everything interfering with my life. Sounds silly, I know, but sometimes "dots on a screen" can affect the person on the other end, as you have experienced as well. I hope I've been able to make it up to you somewhat. I hear your TI souvenir is on its way soon! Zovall is here for you and so am I, even though I'm just a nobody.  :) I hope you get what you can out of the site.

SoCal78 said:
ajw522 said:

To be honest, ajw, I don't think it was you they were truly disgruntled with. I think it was me.... and you were unfortunately, a byproduct of that. That group of people was determined to pick apart every single thing I did on this site from the rules to the aesthetics to the content and everything in between... because they weren't happy unless they were calling the shots around here, plain and simple. That was the real underlying issue. They couldn't deal with it, so they took it out on you. I really am sorry that happened to you. It wasn't your fault. You didn't deserve it. I was really upset they did it as well. I have a lot of bad memories from that time period that are just... yuck. I even missed a day of work back then due to the stress of everything interfering with my life. Sounds silly, I know, but sometimes "dots on a screen" can affect the person on the other end, as you have experienced as well. I

How sad...I'm sorry to hear that it was so hard for you. :(

It does give me an iota of pleasure that the website that group of people started (after they got mad at TI, picked up their toys, and went home) is currently the most boring site on the internet, while this one is thriving. :)

traceimage said:
SoCal78 said:
ajw522 said:

To be honest, ajw, I don't think it was you they were truly disgruntled with. I think it was me.... and you were unfortunately, a byproduct of that. That group of people was determined to pick apart every single thing I did on this site from the rules to the aesthetics to the content and everything in between... because they weren't happy unless they were calling the shots around here, plain and simple. That was the real underlying issue. They couldn't deal with it, so they took it out on you. I really am sorry that happened to you. It wasn't your fault. You didn't deserve it. I was really upset they did it as well. I have a lot of bad memories from that time period that are just... yuck. I even missed a day of work back then due to the stress of everything interfering with my life. Sounds silly, I know, but sometimes "dots on a screen" can affect the person on the other end, as you have experienced as well. I

It does give me an iota of pleasure that the website that group of people started (after they got mad at TI, picked up their toys, and went home) is currently the most boring site on the internet, while this one is thriving. :)
Umm...which site is that? 

OCgasman said:
traceimage said:
SoCal78 said:
ajw522 said:

Umm...which site is that? 

ocreader.com

Wait, I'm allowed to say that, right? Who's in charge these days? Zovall?

ajw522 said:
traceimage said:
ajw522 said:

Onwards and upwards!

Glad to be back, but I plan on posting sparingly - I see too much drama and personal fights going on here that I'd rather not get involved in too often. :)

You're smarter than all of us!

Patrick J. Star said:
traceimage said:

Yeah, it got kind of quiet over there after one of the founders of that forum was diagnosed with cancer and passed away late last year.

glad to see you back pstar.  thats really unfortunate. 

Patrick J. Star said:
traceimage said:

Yeah, it got kind of quiet over there after one of the founders of that forum was diagnosed with cancer and passed away late last year.

That was very sad, but it got quiet before that. I think some of the founders quit (either some kind of disagreement with each other, or they just got too busy) and the forums seemed to lose momentum.

Two myths to disspell here (in my opinion):

1. I don't think ajw's past treatment (which I don't actually recall was so horrible) is related to SoCal... it had to do with misrepresentation.

2. While Mike passing away did affect traffic at ocreader, it was more the regulars not being active anymore. Irvine real estate and lifestyle is the main polarizing subject for the old IHB crowd... without it... there is not much to have conversation about.

I think it's better we just put the past behind us and move forward... talkirvine.com is now back with the IHB and we can all take sides on more pertinent issues like how awesome 3CWGs are.

Back