To buy or to rent?

[quote author="Cubic Zirconia" date=1213151519][quote author="ipoplaya" date=1213085496][quote author="Cubic Zirconia" date=1213081652][quote author="ipoplaya" date=1213080515]Since I am a soon-to-be West Irvine condo seller, I say BUY BUY BUY!</blockquote>

I f I decide to buy now, my offer isn't going to go above 280/290 per SF on low HOA units (say less than 300$). Still want to sell to me? :)

*You can blame yourself for all the low offers you are going to get on the property- I will probably wear an IHB T-shirt and drop the offer personally*:D

Cubic Z</blockquote>

My pad normally rents for $2600-2800 CZ, so I think it's probably not the same spec as what you are looking at. I'll be looking out for your lowball at $500K :)</blockquote>

IPO, is it in West Irvine? If it's Ok with you, please share the property details, or a similar one on the market.

I had my eyes on 1 Bradford. Went for 570k. My offer was just 50k off...

Another property that I couldn't stop imagining myself and family in was 171 Lockford. Had a midnight enlightenment and withdrew the offer the next day. it's in escrow now, and can't wait to see how much it went for.

Anyway, the rent/own comparable property that I have in mind right now are 449 ridgeway and 59 sapphire. It won't be a move up from my current apartment in terms of space, but the rent is moving up, and mortgage will probably stay the same *and equity will definitely move down*

Cubic</blockquote>

Check out this thread CZ:

http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/viewthread/2380/

It has details on my place...

[quote author="Cubic Zirconia" date=1213151519]Anyway, the rent/own comparable property that I have in mind right now are 449 ridgeway and 59 sapphire.

Cubic</blockquote>

Stay away from 59 Sapphire at any price. It backs to the toll road, which is not always a bad thing for every home, but the orientation and elevation of this home make it particularly bad. Sound is not so much of a factor as is the constant headlight glare of southbound travellers moving across your master bedroom windows all night long.

Back