Robber Baron_IHB
New member
Trooper suggested I ask your advice. I have the opportunity to buy my apartment building. Four units, three 2/1 one 3/2. The rent roll is 4018. Cost is 725000. Mortgage will be for 635000. Can raise the rent and get about 200 more. But those are the basic numbers. I am living in one so I get a owner occupied rate (5.8 today) and a pile of tax benefits. In my local market SFR prices have dropped about 12% in the last year and income property has dropped a few percent but has pretty much not sold. There are few comps out there one in a worse neighborhood for 650000 and one in a better neighborhood for 850000. I have a contract but we are not in escrow. I am usually quite capable but in this case I am stuck. Trooper referred me to you all. What do you think?