To anyone considering LM Flooring...

California small claims limit is $10,000, the price of your flooring.  You can file two cases per year over $2500.

Sue both in small claims, they'll come around and figure it out.

The installer is at fault when he realized the product was wrong and went to the store, they should have notified you and stopped installation.

The vendor, LM Flooring, will need to confirm why their product is defective.  IMHO, it's pretty obvious that the boxes were mislabeled.

the party at fault is the store. they sold you the wrong the product. you need to sue the store, the store should then seek remedy from LM flooring. The installer doesnt know what color the floor is supposed to be. He is just installing what you provided.

what store did you buy it from?

good luck.

A good installer (or a smart one, take your pick) will open the boxes with you before beginning and confirm that the product they are installing is indeed the stuff that you wanted and ordered.
Usually, to cover their backside, they'll ask you to verify and confirm (in writing) somewhere before beginning the work.

Did you sign off anywhere for them to proceed, given that you had concerns up front? Or did you give them specific instructions NOT to proceed?

-IR2

Weird. Whenever I've had flooring installed, I've looked at it first. Either the installer asks me to look at it and give them the nod... or I go find it and l give them the green light. Either way, it's confirmed before it goes in. It's bizarre that is slipped through the cracks on both ends. The other thing that stood out to me reading your post is that it sounds like the wood floors were not acclimated before being installed(?!) Why not? If they had been acclimated, as I think they are supposed to be even here in SoCal, they would either be taken out of the boxes or at least the ends of the boxes opened in which case you would have seen the color before installation. 

Back