thoughts on K ranch

for the past two weekends my wife and i have visited vista del verde to check out the ?new pricing? at the legends and masters. while driving there we stopped to see a 2003 area called kerrigan ranch. the homes look very nice and well manicured. we went and saw an open house. would anyone be kind enough to give me their thoughts on kerrigan ranch as i am not too familiar with YB. i saw another area with some newer homes called del mar or del vista (toll bros). thanks in advance for any info.

(Just my opinion as I have lived in Yorba Linda for 9 years, my kids have gone to school in Yorba Linda for 11 years, great school district) Kerrigan ranch is the nicest area in Vista Del Verde. I sold my home last August in an older part of Yorba Linda (it was zoned for horses so it is an appealing thing for many-for me, too many flies) Kerrigan ranch is included in the new Yorba Linda High School. None of the homes back Bastunchury (a very busy street) which is a plus. All the Toll Bros "McMansions" are beautiful, but they are very, very close together and that is not appealing. There are at least 12 homes in pre-foreclosure in Del Mar, a realtor gave me the list. The Vista Del Verde area has a slightly lower tax base than the other areas of Yorba Linda (1.045% I believe) because the golf course is public and they paid down the tax rate. The Kerrigan Ranch Homes are on larger lots. If it were in my price range I would live in The Manor Homes (across from Kerrigan Ranch) or in Kerrigan Ranch itself. This weekend when we looked at a home there some neighbors had blocked off their street for a classic car show and cookout. There is a good feeling of community there. The only home I have seen listed there for under one million I detailed in another post "evil house". Feel free to send me a private message if you want more info. I have been actively searching for a home in Yorba Linda since I sold my house.

thanks for the info. i really like YB but my wife says people tell her it gets too hot and there is no real "action" nearby as we like to go to restaurants and stuff. however, we are planning on having kids in the next 2yrs and i was explaining to her how that changes and it is more about location, neighbors,school system, etc.

toll bros really lowered their prices in viste del verde. on another note, i emailed hte kerrigan ranch HOA via their website 2 months ago and nobody has replied letting me think nobody really runs the hoa and things are a mess since almost 15% of the homes are for sale and it appears people are "blowing up" there

It does get hot here (not going to lie about that ;), but I lived in Corona before this and it was hot there too.

It depends on what kind of "action" you like. There is only one bar in all of Yorba Linda, but several restaurants. My husband and I tend to go to Downtown Brea straight up Imperial Hwy/Birch street when we want to get out (Taps, Yard House, Melting Pot, Improv, two 6 screen theaters, Starbucks, Cold Stone ect.) It's about a 10 minute drive from the center of town. I prefer the nightlife a little farther out because you don't have to worry about the issues of living near "teen hangouts" and as many drunk people driving through your neighborhood.

The schools here are the main reason we moved from Corona. We paid for private school here and now our three kids are in public school. I like the people here too. There are many "horse people" (friendly and down to earth) and lots of great community activities. I know the names of almost all the postal employees who work in our post office-the only one in Yorba Linda.

I could never figure out why Kerrigan Ranch has an HOA because as far as I know everyone mainatains their own property and there are no community pools, parks ect. within the development.

BTW We also love that we can leave for Vegas during non peak traffic times on the 91 (yes, they do exist-LOL) and be in Vegas in about 4 hours -husband has Prius so it's cheap)

thank you. i always kinda thought of that when i think of yorba linda (tight knit group). as for "action" , i guess since we are fairly young and yet have kids we want to be able to go to a restaurant, bar,movies etc just like you descibed with brea. i really appreciate your info. i think i recognize your name. you had a bad event with toll bros (assume by your log in name).

[quote author="BurnedbyToll" date=1244634518]I know the names of almost all the postal employees who work in our post office-the only one in Yorba Linda.</blockquote>

One post office but several contract stations. If you ever want to avoid the lines or shop while you wait, go to the station inside B&B Pharmacy at 18525 YL Blvd. Not as many know about it and they can do everything the main P.O. can do except passport photos.

I go to B and B too, but I like saying "hi" to the folks who know me at the post office. I mail frequently with Amazon/E-Bay sales :) B and B is actually a great little gift shop and pharmacy though.

[quote author="BurnedbyToll" date=1244673828]I go to B and B too, but I like saying "hi" to the folks who know me at the post office. I mail frequently with Amazon/E-Bay sales :) B and B is actually a great little gift shop and pharmacy though.</blockquote>

Cool. Have you been shopping there long? Maybe we've met. I used to work there (mainly in the post office). :) You must know Jim.

Sorry, I don't think I know you as I spend more time (and money) at Jabez next door washing the gray out of my hair LOL I love Ameci's too! Cheese rolls are scary good ;)

Back