Thought I would start your Friday well ;-)

cubiczirconia

So last night cousin's husband calls from Cupertino and says..

..wait for it....

....wait some more for it............

Can you look for a foreclosure in Irvine around 200k? I can pay 50% cash. All I need is a three bedroom SFR with two car garage...

Yeah, resident realtors, want a client?  8) Can he? Of course IMO- just bump up the budget by a million, and make it 100% cash.. husband being the nice guy he pretends to be mostly, gave him our zipcode, told him to look at Redfin, and then pimped IHB a bit. What would you tell someone who didn't use the greater powers of google and insulted your Irvine (or FHR)? Can he even give that kind of an offer in John's Creek??

What made the whole conversation so special was his confidence that Irvine must be having that kind of inventory.

You should call back and tell him Homer from Irvine has $200k all cash and would like to buy a 3 bedroom SFR for around $200k in Saratoga or Los Gatos.. KTHNXBAI

H        O        M        E        R said:
You should call back and tell him Homer from Irvine has $200k all cash and would like to buy a 3 bedroom SFR for around $200k in Saratoga or Los Gatos.. KTHNXBAI

Of course! That would be the nicest thing to say.. Dear BIL, we got people in OC that match your innocence/ ignorance frequency ;-)

Maybe he's trying to be funny.

Well either way, it sounds like your family plans to move near you. So, that's happy news, right??

SoCal said:
Maybe he's trying to be funny.

Well either way, it sounds like your family plans to move near you. So, that's happy news, right??

No, no benefit of doubt here :) In an age where you can type up anybody's address (or take a picture of their home) and find out home prices in the neighborhood, you don't call a relative and drop in a joke worthy price to buy something where they live and consider the land sacred. Oh yeah, happy news- watch out for more whines in pet peeves section later :p No cake with icing for BIL!!!

I think what happened is, since they live in Cupertino and send their kids to challenger, they heard us tell that we send ours to public school and immediately thought we bought a 200k worth house in Orange county.. (Bay area Indians think only poor Indians will send kids to public schools, same with India Indians)

There's Corona and Riverside.  I heard that's the new Irvine.
Silly boy... Johns Creek is the new Irvine.

Corona and Riverside is still Corona and Riverside... and always will be (wait... technically, Corona and Riverside are in the "Path of Progress" between OC and Las Vegas... hmmm).

Cubic Zirconia said:
(Bay area Indians think only poor Indians will send kids to public schools, same with India Indians)

Wow, really? Poor, not even middle class? I don't know how you keep up with all these rules & expectations. CZ, you need more "snow ape" friends who like you for you.  :)

SoCal said:
Cubic Zirconia said:
(Bay area Indians think only poor Indians will send kids to public schools, same with India Indians)

Wow, really? Poor, not even middle class? I don't know how you keep up with all these rules & expectations. CZ, you need more "snow ape" friends who like you for you.  :)

What's a snow ape? checked urbandictionary, not much a help..
Oh, things are different when you Indian.. that will one day make up a better comedy than Russell's whine about being hit by his dad when he was little, or his bargaining with Chinese vendors :) Didn't you see my signature? Know the backstory? Homer remembers I think.. if you buy a house that you need and not a house you are prequalified for.. Uff! Be prepared to splain it to your kind.. again and again and again :p

irvinehomeowner said:
Did your husband tell him that $100k won't even get him a 20% down payment on a 3br/2cg SFR in Irvine?

He was being nice and polite  ??? and told BIL that detached condos below 2000SF are being listed close to a million, and gave him link to Redfin and IHB.
I would have simply told him to bring another million to the table before thinking about Irvine..

Cubic Zirconia said:
What's a snow ape? checked urbandictionary, not much a help..

:D I was reading online comments a couple days ago and saw an angry colored guy call a white guy a "snow ape". I just about died laughing. Hadn't heard that one before. Wanted to find an excuse to use it.  :) I thought the TI folk would like it. It's a different spin on a similar term we have for blacks. Uh... I don't know if I should say that here.  :-\ If anybody asks, I'll post that here, otherwise:
zipmouth.gif

I'm sorry you have to deal with nosy, rude people. If it's any consolation, I don't mind what car you drive, how big your house is, or where your kids go. In fact, I'll applaud you for spending wisely. And I know you are NOT poor! Hope that helps.

Thanks SoCal :) I wanted an excuse to post this video, didn't get any so far, but what the heck! I will post it just because this is my thread :p

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DWynJkN5HbQ[/youtube]

Cubic Zirconia said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Did your husband tell him that $100k won't even get him a 20% down payment on a 3br/2cg SFR in Irvine?

He was being nice and polite  ??? and told BIL that detached condos below 2000SF are being listed close to a million, and gave him link to Redfin and IHB.
I would have simply told him to bring another million to the table before thinking about Irvine..

What Irvine are you guys in?  Seller fantasy land?

The Irvine I know has 3/2 SFRs starting in the low 600s.  Like this one.

Or this one for $650K.  Hey it's only been on the market, this market for 90 days.  Can we get an over under on it closing and price?

That's the real Irvine... :-X

irvinehomeowner said:
@nsr:

20% of $600K+ is more than $100k.

Technically, but low $600s is further from a million.  It just highlights the end of the market you're looking at.

Ironically, the equivalent $650K Irvine is really is a million+ dollars in Cupertino.

<<-- I read SoCal's "snow ape," ceased reading here, furiously searched my FB feed for a specific video, found it, patted self on back, came back to post up funny retort, and found that CZ had already beaten me to the punch with the exact same video already neatly embedded (yet again).

-IR2

Back