This Palm Springs Seller is pretty creative....

PeterUK_IHB

<a href="http://www.ourpalmspringshouse.com/">go here</a> to take a look at the site someone has created to list their House....

I'm impressed, it's a nice Pad too.

that actually didnt seem like much work to set up and heck of a lot nicer than most realtor sites or horrendous flyers i see on my doorstep every day. the NAR should really teach their members that marketing isn't just about trying to be as bold as possible.

Wow, that has to be the best house website I've ever seen!

even floorplans and lotplan

quality photos with real descriptions

imagine if the MLS was like that!

(gotta wonder if the owners are computer people or designers)

whether they're designers or not, the layout is clean and simple. it wouldn't have cost too much to get done regardless. smart font types, good clear photos, and the real descriptions are very helpful. tell us how you use the space instead of just shouting about the countertops. i like that!

flash is completely unnecessary for real estate. i never understood those flash slide shows anyway. i want to get a clear, high-res shot of a room and spend some time thinking about the space... not have it flip to some other image 2 secs later. frustrating!

<blockquote>And everything is spelled correctly. </blockquote>
Shocking, isn't it - an entire real estate flyer without any spelling mistakes.

If only Realtor's took one class in Dreamweaver they could look so cool. It looks like a basic template. You can also go to Homestead.com and make something like this. It so sad how nobody take the extra step. When you have alot of homes on the market being creative counts.

Thanks Peter ! This is a beautiful house... right along the lines of what I'd like to purchase in PS in a few years. I Just spent a couple of days there, weather was perfect. One of the biggest things to consider is the wind. Too far North and your wrought iron furniture can go sailing across your back yard (they didn't build those huge windmills for nothing !) This house might be in or close to that wind tunnel area... I was staying right off of Sunrise and the wind was fierce.

I think the listing was created by the homeowner b/c I found the <a href="http://www.bradysandahl.com/">realtor's website</a> and it's good, but not AS good. And he uses flash.

On a side note, this might be an interesting side job for some of you web designers!

Thank you all for the positive feedback on my home and website. I am marketing the site via paid search on Google, Yahoo and MSN and it has garnered a little attention and resulted in two showings. Not offers yet, but at least people are seeing the house. Peter - Thank you for the extra attention by mentioning it in this blog.

If my house does sell as a result of this website and marketing campaign, I am considering offering this service to other home sellers.

Cheers,

Todd

Todd,

Well done ! We're some pretty picky folks here...and everyone seems to like it very much. It stands head and shoulders above anything I've seen before. You should definitely market this puppy !

If you are anywhere near the Four Seasons on Sunrise, you are in the wind tunnel. If so, how do you get around this fact while trying to sell? Just curious.

The wind is definitely a factor in trying to sell a home on the north side of town, but I hope that the price and excellent condition of the home will motivate a prospective buyer. A single story home that is less than 5 years old is not easy to find on the south side of town, and if you could, it would be priced considerably higher. The house is north facing, so the backyard is protected from the wind, and even more so with the u-shaped design. It is really only windy here about 3 months out of the year. I bought the house 2 years ago at the top of the market for $942,000 and put another $25,000 in upgrades. So, I am taking a pretty big hit by selling at $799,000. And, I am willing to let it go at the price, completely furnished. I am motiviated to sell because I own a second home in Palm Springs and can no longer afford the upkeep of 2 properties and will be moving into the smaller, less expensive property.

[quote author="Palm Springs Seller" date=1212752286]Thank you all for the positive feedback on my home and website. I am marketing the site via paid search on Google, Yahoo and MSN and it has garnered a little attention and resulted in two showings. Not offers yet, but at least people are seeing the house. Peter - Thank you for the extra attention by mentioning it in this blog.

If my house does sell as a result of this website and marketing campaign, I am considering offering this service to other home sellers.

Cheers,

Todd</blockquote>

No thanks needed Todd, as you can see, you've impressed everyone on IHB and they're a tough Bunch to impress I can tell you!

It's such a pleasant surprise not to see hideous Caps and exclamation marks in the copy, I guess an overspill from overly done Chevy Dealerships with gaudy Balloons and SALE daubed in dayglow colors across Car windshields...

Good luck with your sale, It's a lovely place and very tastefully done.

I'm glad that you got the email and came to pay us a visit!

So are you a designer by trade, or did you design this site as a civilian?

My company does some web design, but our specialty is search engine optimization and online marketing. Our vertical is the health insurance industry, but I definitely see potential in online marketing for home sellers.

Sorry guys, I did find a spelling error.... shudders ... in the window coverings section. Todd, you might want to correct that. Otherwise, it is a beautifully designed site.

Thanks Beth, will get that corrected right away. Not sure what I was thinking. Although, I do "shudder" at the thought of not selling this house soon

Back