Theft in stonegate area

sentosa

I woke up this morning finding out that both of our cars were being opened and searched.
This is the new community in stonegate area. i am thinking of installing a night vision motion camera that can record to help with this kind of problem or a home security system will work for this case as well ? Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

btw, who will provide night patrol ? HOA or the city ? thanks.

So did you walk in on them?  Garaged or outside?  Some HOA do have patrols but that's more to harass the homeowners more than catch criminals. 

Often times I will park the car either on the driveway or the street in front of the house.
And many times I have forgotten to lock the car and sometimes even with my handbag inside overnight. Never had a problem before.
This morning when I was sending my kids to school, I noticed that my driver door was opened slightly. And when I came back from school, my husband told me that his car door was opened as well and coin box & glove box are all open. Then I realized that someone must have been trying to do something at midnight in this neighborhood.
I will be more careful in the future and hopefully all new homeowners will be more alert.

ps9 said:
So did you walk in on them?  Garaged or outside?  Some HOA do have patrols but that's more to harass the homeowners more than catch criminals.
Luckily, nothing valuable or important were left in the cars last nite.

A couple years ago a policeman knocked on our door and asked if we had any problems with our cars being broken into. We park in our garage, so no.

Told us there were a LOT of cars broken into the night before and the one common thing was doors were unlocked and cars were parked on the street. Anything that was locked, was not broken into.

Thanks for all the comments.
Every night I will check & lock all my downstairs doors. From now on I will add my two cars to the checklist as well.

sentosa said:
Thanks for all the comments.
Every night I will check & lock all my downstairs doors. From now on I will add my two cars to the checklist as well.

Wow - you leave your front door to your place unlocked?

sentosa said:
Just to clarify. I lock my doors. But I often forgot to lock my car. And I don't usually park in the garage.

Maybe you should park your car in your garage. Or do you use it as storage?

When I lived in an apartment complex in Irvine which had a gated underground parking, someone opened my car door and also left it slightly opened.  I was more afraid that my battery would be depleted or the person had dirty hands than missing things, but still, who has time for this kind of thing.

Same thing happened to me awhile back when I was living in Orange. When I talked to the police about it, they said that these burglars are looking for iphones, ipads, and laptops and would leave everything else behind.

I was going to post the pic of Kelly Thomas on here, but after seeing it....too graphic.
He was the guy who was burglarizing cars in downtown Fullerton and died after the cops beat him to death. 

Or you could make posters of his face and post it around your neighborhood with the caption...."This is what happens to car burglars".

Tyler Durden said:
ps9 said:
TD will tell you to put a dog in the car.

I would actually say to keep a 10 gauge on stand by.  You don't have to be lee harvey oswald to hit something with a shotgun in the distance from the front door to driveway (assuming you don't have a house like south fork ranch).

the only downside is you cannot pistol whip someone with the shotgun if you catch them.

for the OP, just create a routine as soon as you come home where you put your keys in a dedicated place and use the alarm lock before tossing them in there.

A 10 Gauge?  That would be a hell of a kick.  My 16.5" barrel 12 Gauge kicks like a mule with slugs and OO buck.  I don't want to know the pain from a 10 gauge.

Tyler Durden said:
its even more if the barrel was to somehow become shortened  >:D

not that anyone would do something like that, since its against the law and all...

Watching you tube videos of people shooting 4 gauge shotguns.  That is crazy.

Back