The Village at Tustin Legacy?

test

Heard of The District at Tustin Legacy?  Now there's The Village at Tustin Legacy!

Render.jpg

Site%2BPlan.jpg

wow. i didnt think i would actuually be in columbus square when it opened. Guess it really is opening in 2016.

oh interesting, looks like they are planning for a school to open up there. i wonder if it will be another montessori.

i still think Tustin Legacy homes have upside when this is fully developed. i dont see any reason why the gap wont close significantly vs tustin ranch.

qwerty said:
i still think Tustin Legacy homes have upside when this is fully developed. i dont see any reason why the gap wont close significantly vs tustin ranch.

Isn't it all an upside play?  Hope the elem school opens stat. Hope they take down the hangars. Hope they build the middle/high school. Hope the master plan gets completed.

bones said:
qwerty said:

Isn't it all an upside play?  Hope the elem school opens stat. Hope they take down the hangars. Hope they build the middle/high school. Hope the master plan gets completed.

of course.  we will find out in two days about the elementary school, but that seems like a done deal. Greenwood and this shopping center provide more traction. so now you have an elementary, a shopping center and 400 more homes which hopefully starts to speed things up. there was an article in the OC register saying the southern hangar will be preserved :-(  the other one with the roof damage will likely come down.

DJW1705 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
But it's still in the ghetto.

#boomgoestheirvineelitist

Is this a serious comment?
Usually the hashtag is an indicator of jest.

I believe you are big backer of Greenwood like qwertustin but still think that area is overpriced considering the proximity to Jamboree, being right under the SNA flight path, lack of schools, former base site (teenage mutant ninja limes!), and no totally awesome floorplans (by that I mean a 3CWG).

For me (and maybe just me), if I'm going to spend $1m+, if you're going to be that close to Irvine, you might as well spend it in Irvine (on a resale with no MRs and an established school system).

:) :) :) :)

irvinehomeowner said:
DJW1705 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I believe you are big backer of Greenwood like qwertustin but still think that area is overpriced considering the proximity to Jamboree, being right under the SNA flight path, lack of schools, former base site (teenage mutant ninja limes!), and no totally awesome floorplans (by that I mean a 3CWG).

For me (and maybe just me), if I'm going to spend $1m+, if you're going to be that close to Irvine, you might as well spend it in Irvine (on a resale with no MRs and an established school system).

I'm also a big backer on Greenwood.
For $1M+ you get a detached condo in Irvine with not so impressive floorplans and the same contaminated land. I don't have kids yet so don't need a good school. I'm on the other side of Jamboree. What I need is convenience to...everything. BP is in the boonies with nothing around it. Again, goes back to matter of preference.

happytales said:
irvinehomeowner said:
DJW1705 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

For $1M+ you get a detached condo in Irvine with not so impressive floorplans and the same contaminated land. I don't have kids yet so don't need a good school. I'm on the other side of Jamboree. What I need is convenience to...everything. BP is in the boonies with nothing around it. Again, goes back to matter of preference.

Greenwood is also on contaminated soil (Tustin Air Base) and also right next the Jamboree highway, train tracks, and a concrete factory.  Traffic is also an issue in that area. 

Also...you may not have kids but having a good school elevates your RE prices so that your RE value will stay relatively high.

irvinehomeowner said:
DJW1705 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I know, I know.  I'm just kidding as well :)

But just so you know, I want to clarify a few of your comments as they are not completely accurate:  ;)

- Is Greenwood close to Jamboree?  Yes, it is, but for those two-three rows of homes that will be next to it.  The other homes that are near the models are in a great spot and away from Jamboree.

- Greenwood is not below the SNA flight path.  That would be Red Hill ROad and the 55.  You see planes on their approach from Greenwood, of course, but you cannot hear them at all.  Trust me, I fly in and out of SNA on the regular and the approach is over Red Hill/55 and the departure is over Newport.

- Lack of school.  Agreed, but only for now.  There will be new schools built up in the next few years.  We have a baby right now, so for us, we don't care about today.  We are banking on the future plans that Tustin Legacy has released.

- Awesome floor plans.  I have a storage garage in Greenwood plus a 2 car.  Does that count ?  ;D

Irvinecommuter said:
happytales said:
irvinehomeowner said:
DJW1705 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Greenwood is also on contaminated soil (Tustin Air Base) and also right next the Jamboree highway, train tracks, and a concrete factory.  Traffic is also an issue in that area. 

Also...you may not have kids but having a good school elevates your RE prices so that your RE value will stay relatively high.

Yep, that's why I said "the same contaminated soil." Not literally the SAME soil but "also" contaminated. But funny thing is...I was visiting the models the other day and a family of 4 came in and asked the builder if this is on contaminated land...and the builder said no. My contract also doesn't mention anything about it. Where do I find more information to make sure?

Doesn't the train track cut right down the middle of Irvine? I'm away from the tracks and Jamboree.

happytales said:
If you're going to buy new, you are limited (although I do think there are new SFRs in Irvine at the $1m price point).

But again for me, the better value is $1m resale homes with no MRs in established Irvine hoods. Or even newer $1m SFRs with MRs with an Irvine address.

For qwertustin, it's different, he got a huge home at way less than $1m, so I understand his reasons (I was onboard to do that too but the wife wasn't).

There are even Tustin Ranch 3CWG homes less than $1m that I would pick over Greenwood (and yes, personal preference).

happytales said:
Irvinecommuter said:
happytales said:
irvinehomeowner said:
DJW1705 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Yep, that's why I said "the same contaminated soil." Not literally the SAME soil but "also" contaminated. But funny thing is...I was visiting the models the other day and a family of 4 came in and asked the builder if this is on contaminated land...and the builder said no. My contract also doesn't mention anything about it. Where do I find more information to make sure?

Doesn't the train track cut right down the middle of Irvine? I'm away from the tracks and Jamboree.

Train track does cut right down Irvine but nowhere near any of the newer communities. 

Not sure where you are in the process but disclosures should reveal stuff like that.  Of course, there is a lot of fuzzy areas in that regard.  Qwerty's community got the "no eating of fruits and veggies grown in backyard" disclosure.

Distance is relative...and it's hard to avoid the visuals of people driving down Jamboree seeing the same development next to the highway. 

DJW1705 said:
- Greenwood is not below the SNA flight path.  That would be Red Hill ROad and the 55.  You see planes on their approach from Greenwood, of course, but you cannot hear them at all.  Trust me, I fly in and out of SNA on the regular and the approach is over Red Hill/55 and the departure is over Newport.
With all due respect, you are pulling a qwerIcanthearthetrains on me here.

When I'm at the District Costco, which is across the street from Greenwood, I can definitely hear (and see) planes.

There is no magic cone of silence between Redhill and Jamboree that will dissipate the sound of a passenger jet flying overhead.

irvinehomeowner said:
DJW1705 said:
With all due respect, you are pulling a qwerIcanthearthetrains on me here.

When I'm at the District Costco, which is across the street from Greenwood, I can definitely hear (and see) planes.

There is no magic cone of silence between Redhill and Jamboree that will dissipate the sound of a passenger jet flying overhead.

Definitely...I have flown into SNA quite a few times as well and I have gone over the District quite a few times. 

Also, noise and light pollution from the District should be factored in.

But I can see the appeal and draw of greenwood. I wanted to trade in my irvine house for one of these "cheap" new homes. But then I stepped outside and couldn't pull the trigger.

bones said:
But I can see the appeal and draw of greenwood. I wanted to trade in my irvine house for one of these "cheap" new homes. But then I stepped outside and couldn't pull the trigger.

Of course...ditto for Bakers Ranch.  Location, location, location.

Back