The Trustee Sale Thread - Califoria Specific

[quote author="Minimorty" date=1258494893]If a property is up for auction and is sold to the bank, does the "sale" show up on Redfin as a sale?</blockquote>

Yes.

In fact, one way you can (usually) tell from a Redfin listing that such a sale occurred is that the sale price is a random number, like $562,176 instead of something like $562,000. The price is usually the amount owed, so it's typically higher than comps as well.

[quote author="Geotpf" date=1258500282][quote author="Minimorty" date=1258494893]If a property is up for auction and is sold to the bank, does the "sale" show up on Redfin as a sale?</blockquote>

Yes.

In fact, one way you can (usually) tell from a Redfin listing that such a sale occurred is that the sale price is a random number, like $562,176 instead of something like $562,000. The price is usually the amount owed, so it's typically higher than comps as well.</blockquote>

Interesting. One of the properties in a community i am interested in went back to the bank at the end of August. I didnt think people were living in the home at the time, but now I see cars in the garage and activity in the home every once in a while. It is showing up as a sale on Redfin now, so I am just trying to figure out what is going on. "Sale" price was like 10%(ish) below comps.

Back