Prices from the $500,000's
Attached Condos
1,453sq  ft to 1,695 sq ft
3 bedrooms
2.5 bath
2 car garage

thelandofnoland said:
Starting from the $500,000s.
Will have to be bigger than Brookland to attract attention, especially since Brookland was priced in the $400,000s for their smallest plans and the Musick Jail expansion plan was approved.

Pretty sure it's going to b exact size of Brookland and same floor plans but i could be wrong.

Musick expansion will have little impact on prices. It is was already assumed to be expanded based on disclosures at time of sale last year. Priced in already.

LiveAtOC said:
2 Story and looks impressive compared to Brookland town homes.

thanks!. yes, I was told by Shea that they are 2-story homes and everything might be 3 bed+2.5 bath. Where could I find the floor plans ?

Does anyone HOA $ and shared walls situation? I believe the HOA at the other attached condo is $350 so I am guessing it should be the same?? The HOA at The Peake is $200. My fiance and I are deciding btw the Rowe or the Peake but it has gotten so PRICEY at the Peake.  I guess we can just go for it and buy the Peake but not sure that is worth it since it is not even a true SFR; so our thinking is to buy the Rowe. Although it is attached, has higher HOA but at least we will be in the $500's. We love the amenities at Baker Ranch that we would not need a yard at all. Would love to hear from all you new home shopping experts. Thank you so much for any first time buyer tips TI peeps!!

Thanks Landofnoland for being so helpful and pointing out it is a true SFR, I thought it was a detached condo and it should appreciate more. Also do you know:
- Will there be any apts in Baker Ranch
- How many homes will there be total at Build Out

I kindly appreciate your input Landofnoland. Any other TI peeps willing to share info is certainly appreciated.  Many thanks in advance for your insight!

Welcome to TalkIrvine!

We moved to Baker Ranch last year and we love it (if you couldn't tell from all of my posts about it here at TalkIrvine). Baker Ranch gets ignored a bit around TalkIrvine, but it really is a good option if you don't have to have an Irvine address (which in some cases is worth a premium).

To answer your question:

1. Yes, there are apartments at Baker Ranch, but they are on the other side of Rancho Parkway - they really are separated from the houses and condos (there is a retail center in between) and they don't share the amenities (they have their own).

2. There will be ~2400-~2600 homes at build-out if I remember correctly. It's about 500 so far. There are three phases - phase 1 is almost all sold out. Phase 2 will have the best homes (best views, largest lots). I expect some of these to come in at $1.3-1.5m assuming the market doesn't crash. Phase 3 will be on the other side of Alton and are largely going to be attached products. I would buy into Phase 2 neighborhoods (Peake and Rowe are both phase 2).

Be careful going southbound on Alton. I was just there mid-day. They've got the right lane closed. It bottlenecks pretty quickly and it seems like some drivers didn't get the memo that they need to decrease their speed significantly from what it usually is.

To Eclipse:

Thanks this forum is so helpful to us who is new to So Cal!  We love it here!

Are these apts called Avalon apts?  Do you know if there are more apts planned?

I read that there will be 1400 homes so thanks for letting me know there are about 2400. Our realtor is suggesting we look at resale to make sure we look at all that is available to make a good decision for us.

If you have had a chance to look at the Row plans the layouts are really bad in comparison to Brookland. Also none of these Row houses have private patios, they are all courtyards in front on the entry way and I believe these courtyards cant be considered home square footage where as private patios can. I heard Shea will also be building larger condos to the right of the Row.

If you can buy at the Peaks buy at the Peaks. When you buy a SFR you are required to landscape your backyard per the HOA guidelines outlined in the CR&R's and this cost also needs to be considered when comparing HOA costs. At the Peaks the front yards are covered by your HOA fees but not your backyard and I have heard the HOA requirements for landscaping are strict.

Back