The Republican?s Hillary

Today on my drive to work, I caught a economics discussion on NPR. (Yes, No_Vase, I listen to NPR). It was Carly Fiorina representing McCain's economic positions and discussing the tax cuts and job creation of small business.

The spot ended with the NPR host questioning Carly on the rumored VP spot for her. I went slackjawed.

I'll be honest, I literally consider her one of the absolute worst CEOs to ever have headed a tech giant. IMHO, she nearly destroyed not one, but two tech giants. Her style was reported the same as all the worst traits of the Bush Administration.

Frankly, if McCain does select her, I suspect I'll vote Obama unless Obama somehow decides to select Louis Farrakhan or maybe Al Sharpton as a running mate. Neither of which, thankfully IMHO, are in consideration.

So basically, my question to rest is what's your thoughts on a potential Carly VPship for the Republicans?

My thoughts on Fiorino as Veep are the same as yours. If he has to pick a woman I'd prefer Rice or Hutchinson - somebody who doesn't have a massive mess as her signature accomplishment. Given McCain's age, whether the Veep would be a decent President is more important that usual.

I wouldn't call her the Republican Hillary though. The peculiar thing about Hillary is the depths of hatred and like for a centrist-leaning Democrat with a penchant for compromise and fairly routine policy positions. The dislike of Fiorino is IMO in line with what she's earned - maybe less because of ignorance - and not very partisan.

Lots of people are closet NPR listeners. I fancy "Wait, Wait......Don't Tell Me!" more than any other program they do.

Hillary is an idealog, but she's pretty far from being stupid. Carly is a moron who rose to power despite her lack of ability.

McCain could pick Angelina Jolie to be his running mate and it wouldn't change the outcome. Trotting out Carly Fiorina to tout his tech and economic policies just shows how out of touch he is with the issues. Nothing about her inspires anyone to think of professionalism, or technology, or success. Using her to boost his credibility with the IT constituency is like bringing O.J. Simpson to a women's shelter to speak about domestic abuse.

[quote author="Nude" date=1215870380]McCain could pick Angelina Jolie to be his running mate and it wouldn't change the outcome. Trotting out Carly Fiorina to tout his tech and economic policies just shows how out of touch he is with the issues. Nothing about her inspires anyone to think of professionalism, or technology, or success. Using her to boost his credibility with the IT constituency is like bringing O.J. Simpson to a women's shelter to speak about domestic abuse.</blockquote>

Wow, I though something along the same line. Like bringing Amy Winehouse to show how well rehab has worked for her!

I'd much rather have Angelina Jolie....

good luck

-bix

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1215849951]Lots of people are closet NPR listeners. I fancy "Wait, Wait......Don't Tell Me!" more than any other program they do.

Hillary is an idealog, but she's pretty far from being stupid. Carly is a moron who rose to power despite her lack of ability.</blockquote>

If you see a solo blonde driving in a corolla laughing hysterically, she's not nuts, she's just listening to "Wait, wait.... don't tell me!" one her way back from the farmer's market.

[quote author="Nude" date=1215870380]McCain could pick Angelina Jolie to be his running mate and it wouldn't change the outcome. </blockquote>

Sure would change the audience for the VP debate, though!

Back