The new iPhone 4 is HAWT!

irvinehomeowner said:
I'm sure many of you have seen the leaked photos and it is the same and I want one.

I've resisted the last 3 years but it's time to become an iSheep.

Updated Live Blog from the Apple WWDC conference here:
http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/07/steve-jobs-live-from-wwdc-2010

Why is Steve Jobs so good at turning us all into Borgs?

I am a Verizon die hard but this lack of an iPhone is starting to kill me. Yes I know I can get a great HTC Incredible with Android but still when is Big Red going to get their own iPhone? I am hoping for a CDMA version this Fall/Winter but the rumors never seem to come true.

Here is a live blog on Job's presentation on cnet.com:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20006866-260.html?tag=smallCarouselArea.0

I won't buy the Jesus Phone until it hits the Verizon Network. My better half has the 3G version. Works great with plenty of apps. Just don't try and make a phone call with it.

Last month we closed a loan for an Apple employee out of Cupertino. Even he complained, albeit in hushed tones, about the call coverage. He'd call me from his landline at Apple more often than from his Iphone.

What will be interesting about the Verizon Jesus Phone is being able to video conference. Might even have an option to leave a video voice mail to people who have the same device. We'll need to be our best looking at all times now that there are cameras watching everywhere. 

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People.

The rumors are much stronger this year than previous about a VZW iPhone.

It may happen before the holidays if they do pan out.

The only reason I can't see it happening is CDMA does not support voice and data at the same time (AT&T's weapon of choice when fighting with VZW) so in order to have the same type of experience as with GSM systems, they would have to wait until VZW can roll out their 4G LTE network.

But... you never know.

sgip said:
I won't buy the Jesus Phone until it hits the Verizon Network. My better half has the 3G version. Works great with plenty of apps. Just don't try and make a phone call with it.

Last month we closed a loan for an Apple employee out of Cupertino. Even he complained, albeit in hushed tones, about the call coverage. He'd call me from his landline at Apple more often than from his Iphone.

What will be interesting about the Verizon Jesus Phone is being able to video conference. Might even have an option to leave a video voice mail to people who have the same device. We'll need to be our best looking at all times now that there are cameras watching everywhere. 

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People.

Only problem now is with the data caps. I am sure Verizon will be quickly following ATT. Once you start adding video conferencing, the data usage will start to go sky high.

C'mon Verizon--let's get our own iPhone by the end of 2010.

I'll give AT&T another chance when I picked up the Jesus phone on 8/10/10 when my contract expires.  If that doesn't pan out and Verizon comes out with it then I'll pay the contract break fee and move to Verizon.

You can upgrade to the iPhone 4 if you current AT&T contract expires anytime in 2010... which means you can give Apple your money up to 6 months early.

Pre-orders start June 15 (which I would recommend because you know the lines are going to be insane) and it goes live June 24.

I think I'm iSlobbering.

irvinehomeowner said:
You can upgrade to the iPhone 4 if you current AT&T contract expires anytime in 2010... which means you can give Apple your money up to 6 months early.

Pre-orders start June 15 (which I would recommend because you know the lines are going to be insane) and it goes live June 24.

I think I'm iSlobbering.
One of the store workers told me that I would not get the full discount that comes along with signing up for another 2-year contract.  I can wait about 6 weeks to get the phone.

USC: Are you talking to an AT&T or Apple person?

That upgrade option was just announced today by Jobs at the WWDC so they may not know about it.

irvinehomeowner said:

I think I'm iSlobbering.

As a sheeple, I am getting one!!  I skipped the 3GS to get this.

I am going guess the Verizon iPhone is be coming.  That's why ATT is doing this if your contract is ending 2010 you can upgrade.  So they can put more people in contract before they loose them to Verizon.  Ha, there, that's my theory!

Yeah... that's what the rumor is on why AT&T is so willing to do the early upgrades. While VZW has better coverage, the data speed on AT&T is faster so it's a tradeoff.

The sigoth has the 3G from 2 years ago... so we'll both get a 4 and then we can WiFi video conference with each other... hehe.

I think the kickers for me on this is the screen density (960x640 is pretty good for a 3.5" screen), the slightly smaller form factor and the better battery life. Plus I like the new design... more industrial looking... heh.

gallery03-20100607.jpg

fe9000 said:
I am getting a white one.  I have to say video conferencing is great but WiFi only?  That sucks.

You need to be kind to ATT system resources. I think we will all have to wait until LTE is deployed before we can use video talking over the network.

irvinehomeowner said:
USC: Are you talking to an AT&T or Apple person?

That upgrade option was just announced today by Jobs at the WWDC so they may not know about it.
It was over at the ATT store off Main & Harvard.  I would only get half the discount if I got a phone now instead of waiting until early August.  I might drop by again and threaten to leave and break my contract if they dont give me the full discount.

As long as your contract ends any time in 2010 (which you say is in August) you can get the $199 (8GB) or $299 (16GB) iPhone 4 discounted price.

For their other phones, you won't get a good discount as this is an iPhone 4 only deal.

irvinehomeowner said:
As long as your contract ends any time in 2010 (which you say is in August) you can get the $199 (8GB) or $299 (16GB) iPhone 4 discounted price.

For their other phones, you won't get a good discount as this is an iPhone 4 only deal.
Are you sure that it's not only for people who already own some kind of iPhone and just upgrading to a newer one?  I currently have an LG phone and have never owned an iPhone.

You may be right... it could be only for current iPhone users... which if you think about it, is shortsighted.

If I were AT&T, I would extend that offer to ANY contract regardless of phone brand... you lock them into a new 2-year contract AND you keep them on your iPhone because who knows what is going to be out there next, especially with added pressure from all the Android offerings (the Sprint EVO and the VZW Incredible) and Windows 7 which will be out by end of year.

Well... there are more phones coming out on the horizon so you'll have time to make an informed decision. Android is gunning after iOS (the Platform Formerly Known as iPhone OS) and we are going to see some interesting developments coming out of Google and Microsoft (and maybe HP if they ever do anything with Palm's webOS).

At least by then... the lines will have died down... maybe.

Back