The Money saving tips thread....

<em>Avoid rush hour. Get much better mileage.

</em>i did that all last wk from mon-thurs. i waited until 9:30am and rolled into the office around 10:15. left work around 3:30. saved an extra hour off my total daily commute and instead of needing my usual filler up on friday morning, i still had enough gas for the wkend! on friday, boss said if i planned to pull that stunt again on monday, i needn't bother coming in at all.

woohoo, 3 day wkend!

For those with kids, Ruby's Diner has kids eat free on Tuesday's as does Chik-fil-A. You need to pay for an adult meal in order to get kids meals free, but this at least won't break the bank if you HAD to eat out.

My wife is asian, so we eat brown rice with every meal. It helps fill your belly and it's nowhere near as bad as white rice. I much prefer potatos(es) myself, but she eventually wore me down. Buy your meats/poultry/fish from costco and freeze it. Buy lots of veggies to. You can make all kinds of stir fry combos from these frozen ingredients.

Eat slowly and eat small meals more often. You will be amazed how little food you can healthfully live on.

When eating at chick-fil-A, be warned that the little fried chicken sandwich is 410 calories (150 fat) each, versus the grilled chicken sandwich is only 270 calories (30 fat). I used to eat like 2 of them at a time and they're more dangerous than white castle slyders.

If you don't need your cell phone for work, try using a pre-paid phone. I've used Tracfone for a few years now. I don't gab on my cell phone but use it only when necessary. I always wait for the promotions and am able to get the card that lasts on year for just over $100. So, my cell costs under $10/month.

JW

I think most recently I got a new phone (my 2-year old broke the old one), a lifetime double minutes plan, plus like 500 minutes for just over $100. Be sure to look at the promotions.

<p>During the summer months. If you're really thirsty. Go to the builder's model homes. They have tons of bottle water. And if you're lucky. They might have cookies, also. </p>

<p> </p>

We once went to an open house "event" at Talega where each development had a chef who was cooking up freebies in the kitchen. It was delicious and we won a raffle for $300 worth of free dinners at "Dream Dinners". That's what I like; when they pay you to look at their open houses.

Back