The Money saving tips thread....

PeterUK_IHB

OK, I'm sure we can agree that living expenses are going north, I'm sure you all have some good ideas to save some Coin, after all, we work hard right?

I'll get the Ball rolling...

1. Re-finance your Car Loan, I did this on my Wife's Car recently and I cut the payment by almost $90 pm. ($150 before tax)

2. When your Car Insurance premium is due don't just send a check, call around first for a better rate (with a good reputable company of course). I sound like the liddle Geico Lizard too!

3. Lean Cuisine, don't laugh, they're brilliant, I'm constantly on a Diet, I eat 3 a Day, they're 10 for $20 at Albertsons plus I don't have to go out for Lunch, saves Gas too!

I also save on buying new Clothes every few months because the old ones are too small ;-)

So come on Lads and Lasses...let's hear your hot tips....

dump cable, buy an indoor hi-def antenna and a hi-def tuner, get about 20 channels with nothing to pay after your initial $50 for the antenna and $150 for the tuner.

<p>When you go to El Pollo Loco. Ask for ranch dressing. They come in packages. Save like $4 a week in salad dressing. Although, I must say the food servers looked at me funny when I ask for dressing with my chicken. Hahaha!</p>

And ask for paper/plastic plates. Even if you don't need them. Over time you'll have a bunch of them and need not buy.

sure...for some reason we get multiple versions of the same channel. maybe because NBC is broadcasted out of LA and San Diego and somewhere else? anyway, here are the channels we get now:

2 - kcbs-dt

4 - nbc-4 la, wx-plus, news raw

5 - ktla-dt, ktla-d2

9 - kcal-dt

11 - kttv-dt

13 - kcop-dt

18 - la18-dt, la18.5

22 - kwhy-hd, kwhy-sd

28 - kcet-hd, kcet-oc, kcet vm, kcet w

30 - ion, qubo, ion-life, worship

34 - kmex-dt

44 - kxla-dt, kvmd-dt

46 - kftr-dt

50 - koce-hd, koce-oc, daystar, koce-sd

52 - kvea-hd, kvea-sd

54 - kaza-dt

56 - kdoc-hd, kdoc-sd

58 - klcs-dt

<p>When driving. Don't step on the gas or brake too hard. You'll use more gasoline. As for gasoline, it seems like the poorer side of the county is cheaper by 20 cents a gallon. But do try to fill up during the daytime.</p>

<p>And those Target plastic bags. Use them as trash bags. </p>

Buy Coffee at the Shell Gas Station on Alton, close to Harvard, it's only 99c for a large Cup and much better than Starbucks, drive 100 yards down to Starbucks and enjoy a great brew in good company ;-)

Buy gas at Costco. I saved a few bucks tonight at the new Costco at the District for $3.1795 a gallon....and then promptly went inside and spent $390 on stuffs (but those Dockers non-iron pants were such a bargain at $22 each).

<p>Waiting2buylater,</p>

<p>Hahaha, thanks! And if you're in the mood for snacks. Just try the samples at Costco.</p>

REALTORS. Please look up the words luxurious, stunning and spacious in a dictionary so as I don't have waste Gas on weekends being shown around badly-built shoeboxes.

Time is money....Arrive for your appointment two hours after the assigned arrival time. That way, you will only have to wait an hour for your Doctor to see you.

Experience the thrills of a skiing holiday without the expense. Simply Duct Tape two planks of wood to your feet, sit in your freezer for three hours, then run into a tree as fast as you can.

PeterUK- be careful about the sodium levels in all those Lean Cuisines.

If you have contact lenses, buy the store brand saline solution and cleaners. The manufacturers bottle their brands and the store brands out of the same tank and just put different labels on the bottles.

Back