the modern home... IS a fireplace important?

By the way, I'm feeling really violent today!

I have a lot of bad stuff going on right now.  :( If I can make it through the day without crying, it will be a win.

This fireplace topic has really struck a nerve with me for some reason so I'm being argumentative. If I take it out on you guys today, I don't mean to.

hang in there SoCal.  hope the bad stuff clears up.  i thought the "view profile" little guy was a "give a hug" button and tried to give you a virtual hug. 

rkp said:
tilt helps but you still are looking up.  proper tv angle should be like PC monitor where you are looking straight to down.  i saw a really cool setup where with a push of button the TV would come down about 3 feet.  we would do that if we had to put it over the fireplace

I agree.  It was really awkward at first to have to look upward to watch TV but now it almost feels like I am watching a movie at the theater (have to look upward a bit also).  The big plus is you don't get the kids standing in front of the TV blocking other kids or your view and you don't have PB&J fingerprints and smudges on the screen.

Most people would view a home as a utilitarian shelter. Function over aesthetic for most men. Most wives hate the home they live in because there is very little romance, beauty, warm and aesthetic affiliate with today's homes. So for a couple of times a year husbands book a trip to those vineyard wine/ hotel/ spa for their spouse to decompress from the everyday mundane ambiance of their homes.

Back