The Landing Tustin Legacy (Brookfield Residential)

What is everyone's current sentiment regarding the Cira plan 2 and plan 3? Overall, are these homes worth the price tag in this housing market? I have an opportunity in the upcoming phases to purchase and am just curious on everyone's analysis on whether the money can be better spent on resale homes. My concern regarding these homes is the high property tax, density of the community, and parking situation (only street parking is available outside of the two garage spots).

The Cira plan 3 is nice, maybe it’s the 3y I’m thinking of. 3300 sq ft or so for 1.3M seems like a pretty decent deal. But it’s probably trading at a discount to Greenwood for the reasons you mentioned. Is the price still 1.3M for the plan 3s? Or have they come down? What is the Mello Roos on these? All new construction has this so MR is generally a wash.

The Cira plan 3 is nice, maybe it’s the 3y I’m thinking of. 3300 sq ft or so for 1.3M seems like a pretty decent deal. But it’s probably trading at a discount to Greenwood for the reasons you mentioned. Is the price still 1.3M for the plan 3s? Or have they come down? What is the Mello Roos on these? All new construction has this so MR is generally a wash.
The most recent pricing on Nov 2nd:
Plan 2 $1.38M, $1.38M
Plan 3 $1.53M, $1.54M

Prices seem to have increased.

As for MR, I remember someone mentioned it was fairly high. Their website states roughly 1.5%. Let's assume this figure was when the homes were first released. Back then Cira homes were priced at roughly 1M for Plan 1 and 1.2M for Plan 3. That would mean about $6k$-7k for MR. That's actually very high, comparable to GP. OH and PS (and probably Eastwood as well) have MR at roughly $3.7k. And all the new homes in Lake Forest (Serrano Summit, Terasina, The Meadows, The Oaks) don't have MR.

Prices seem to have increased.

As for MR, I remember someone mentioned it was fairly high. Their website states roughly 1.5%. Let's assume this figure was when the homes were first released. Back then Cira homes were priced at roughly 1M for Plan 1 and 1.2M for Plan 3. That would mean about $6k$-7k for MR. That's actually very high, comparable to GP. OH and PS (and probably Eastwood as well) have MR at roughly $3.7k. And all the new homes in Lake Forest (Serrano Summit, Terasina, The Meadows, The Oaks) don't have MR.
Is that for comparable square footage? The plan 3s are about 3300 sq ft. Did similar size homes in the areas you mention have MR at around $3,700 for that size house?

Is that for comparable square footage? The plan 3s are about 3300 sq ft. Did similar size homes in the areas you mention have MR at around $3,700 for that size house?
Unlike in GP, MR doesn't depend on sq ft in Irvine. MR is the same for Ravello (3100+ sq ft) in OH as it is for Bluffs/Highland (2400-2700 sq ft) in PS. And Azul (2900-3100 sq ft) and Cielo (3200-3400 sq ft) in PS also have the same MR.

Is there any chance that the prices of the latter phases will drop if there is a housing market crash?
That depends on demand. TB already dropped their prices on a couple of ready to move in homes at The Meadows by $90k+, but the prices on those are quite a bit higher than Legacy. We're talking about $1.6M-$1.7M for 2100 and 2300 sq ft homes.

The Plan 3 in the latest release is $1.67m (corner lot).
I like the macro location of this development but couldn't get over not knowing what will be built in the immediate vacant land surrounding it as well as some of the micro location issues.

I like the macro location of this development but couldn't get over not knowing what will be built in the immediate vacant land surrounding it as well as some of the micro location issues.
I asked Tustin about that too. They have no plans currently. The desired uses are hotel on the barranca side and another office building on until armstrong side. But they haven't even finished developing the flight area, so they don't think they will have anything developing soon or within the next 5 years (possibly longer).

I'm not sure how folks can justify $1.67M + 1.47% prop tax with cfds though. Starting to blur the line with comparable resales.

What are the the micro location issues? It’s right across the street from Taco Bell - that should erase any micro location concerns :)

The proximity to the temporary homeless shelter on barranca for the city of Tustin is not ideal. It’s been “temporary” for 2-3 years now.

What are the the micro location issues? It’s right across the street from Taco Bell - that should erase any micro location concerns :)

The proximity to the temporary homeless shelter on barranca for the city of Tustin is not ideal. It’s been “temporary” for 2-3 years now.
But but the area smells like burgers from the Habit at meal times so doesn't that offset taco bell?

Lack of driveway and open street parking are big "microlocation" issues. For these reasons, Cira appears more like a luxury condo than a SFH (or detached condo or whatever you want to call it). I can see weekend parking being a huge PITA for family/friends/guests.

The way they laid out the neighborhood contributes to the luxury condo feel. But per the site map, they’ve sold every Cira home released so I guess there’s still demand for these homes.

The way they laid out the neighborhood contributes to the luxury condo feel. But per the site map, they’ve sold every Cira home released so I guess there’s still demand for these homes.

Because they are keeping pricing low and flat from phase to phase which is smart, unlike some other Irvine builders.

How are folks fairing with negotiations with the phase releases? Seems that they are pretty firm on the home price. Wondering if the buyer agents or buyers themselves are having luck with upgrades, covering partial closing cost, builder credits to buy down rates, etc?

Because they are keeping pricing low and flat from phase to phase which is smart, unlike some other Irvine builders.
It hasn't been completely flat. The last corner Plan 3 was released in Oct. The next one in the December phase release is $50k more. Add in the fact Brookfield is still doing full design center at this point (releasing homes 9-12 months out), that $1.67M is bare bones.

Back