The Irvine Tattler

Maybe I'm behind the times, but I just found out about the local muckraking blog <a href="http://www.irvinetattler.com/">The Irvine Tattler.</a>

And for whomever it was (CK?) that wanted to know how Councilman Kang knew to send you a birthday card, the IT tells all!

I like it, tells you about all the junk these elected officials are up to. But then again, the sheeple of Irvine don't really care as long as nothing really disturbs their regular day to day lives.

[quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1217501507]Maybe I'm behind the times, but I just found out about the local muckraking blog <a href="http://www.irvinetattler.com/">The Irvine Tattler.</a>

And for whomever it was (CK?) that wanted to know how Councilman Kang knew to send you a birthday card, the IT tells all!</blockquote>

Thanks, Eva. Both my wife and I received a card from the kind councilman this year. Judging by the lengthy article on the subject, I guess I was not the only one weirded out by that. And just to note, neither of us took him up on his suggestion to spend our special day riding the big orange balloon.

ELS, there is also IrvineSucks, but it's been about a year since anything new was posted http://irvinesucks.blogspot.com/

Irvine Tattler is a pro-shea and pro-choi platform.

I suggest you look at the video clip where Krom is supposed to be in "meltdown" form. Choi is clearly playing games about his cell phone use, and I think that Krom did a much better job of addressing the nonsense than I would have done.

I don't care for the tattler b/c there is no forum for actual discussions, like there is here at IHB. It is very onesided. I do like the video clips and I appreciate the scruitiny of the council and mayor, but I think the overall agenda is very slanted.

[quote author="NoWowway" date=1218252562]ELS, there is also IrvineSucks, but it's been about a year since anything new was posted http://irvinesucks.blogspot.com/

I suggest you look at the video clip where Krom is supposed to be in "meltdown" form. Choi is clearly playing games about his cell phone use, and I think that Krom did a much better job of addressing the nonsense than I would have done.

I don't care for the tattler b/c there is no forum for actual discussions, like there is here at IHB. It is very onesided. I do like the video clips and I appreciate the scruitiny of the council and mayor, but I think the overall agenda is very slanted.</blockquote>

Of course its slanted, just like with most websites, networks, newspapers, etc. Read about why the author has his opinions, as he was a former Agran/Krom/Kang man.

It just seems whiny. Why not let readers post questions, observations and opinions?

He has a section for "former friends of Larry", but there is no one listed, tho he claims there are many.

I am glad they have those clips of shea and choi. Those two have serious conduct and ethical issues. They come across as rude and undiciplined.

[quote author="NoWowway" date=1218253574]It just seems whiny. Why not let readers post questions, observations and opinions?

He has a section for "former friends of Larry", but there is no one listed, tho he claims there are many.

I am glad they have those clips of shea and choi. Those two have serious conduct and ethical issues. They come across as rude and undiciplined.</blockquote>

Then go start your own website! ;-)

I think that there's some value of it, especially since we have pretty much nothing right now to show for the Great Park and the site at least it trying to keep that issue on the forefront.

I support Shea and Choi because of their past accomplishments and actions. If you are judging them by one or two video clips instead of their years of service, then you've already made up your mind and the Tattler is a non-issue.

Actually, I know quite a bit about Shea. I've lived in Irvine for many years.

I also know Anthony Dragun, Agran, Krom. I've been a volunteer for advisory boards and I know a great deal about the sister cities program.

Question: If Shea fails to get elected Mayor, will she still be a council member?

And I don't see a need to make up a website. I think that the forums of IHB will be enough. Smith cracks me up. He posts stuff that actually shows his favored council members misbehaving. I understand that Todd Gallinger will be running against that dolt, choi. According to Gallinger, Shea sent him some kind of threatening email -bully tactics like that have no place in Irvine. Keep up the great work, Smith. It should come in handy during election time.

[quote author="NoWowway" date=1218252562]ELS, there is also IrvineSucks, but it's been about a year since anything new was posted http://irvinesucks.blogspot.com/

I don't care for the tattler b/c there is no forum for actual discussions, like there is here at IHB. It is very onesided. I do like the video clips and I appreciate the scruitiny of the council and mayor, but I think the overall agenda is very slanted.</blockquote>

I happened to find this while reading something else. I recalled that you were looking for the "seedy underside of Irvine" and I thought it might fit the bill. Yeah, it's a bummer that the owner doesn't have comments, but I suppose we can always discuss matters here. :)

I happened to find this while reading something else. I recalled that you were looking for the "seedy underside of Irvine" and I thought it might fit the bill. Yeah, it's a bummer that the owner doesn't have comments, but I suppose we can always discuss matters here. :)</blockquote>

Eva, Thanks for thinking of me. And yes, that's what I am thinking - we can discuss here. ;-)

Hi All,

I've got IHB on my RSS feed, but have never checked out the forums before. Someone emailed me the link, since my campaign for City Council came up.

It's very interesting to see what everyone thinks. It's clear that most have caught on that the tattler lies (who likes a tattler anyways?), I'm sure most of the rest of Irvine's voters will catch on soon.

I definitely want to a put a stop to any bickering or arguing on the Council, and really focus on keeping the city moving in a positive direction. For more about me and where I stand on the actual issues facing Irvine, please check my website www.toddgallinger.com.

Take care,

Well, here's something you won't see at the Tattler: Posts from posters other than Steven Smith.

Welcome, Todd! I have a question - If Council Woman Shea gets defeated in her bid for mayor, will she still be a council person?

It looks like there are about a dozen people running for council. Is there a main page where one can read up on all the candidates?

Best of luck, Todd - your webpage looks good.

Back