The "I Hate My Boss" Thread

t2

Maybe this will be a good venting place for me and others who hate their boss.

It's Tuesday and I'm angry just like I am every other day of the week at work.

Dear Pompous Jerk,

I don't think I have ever seen you do a single worthwhile task at the office. Since our working relationship began all I have seen you accomplish is:

- Place personal calls. You continually waste away the day on the phone with your siblings, parents, and friends discussing everything from "what's for dinner" to planning your next vacation.
- Surf the web (yes, I can see your monitor from the front door to your office when I stand at just the right angle.)
- Snack as though it's 'round the clock lunch break for you
- Most of the incoming calls you receive that are not your friends or family, you ignore and let it go to voicemail
- You spend enormous amounts of time focused on the most trivial things that make no difference

About 80% of your real work tasks have been delegated to outside contractors within the last year. I don't even know why you still have a job but you earn almost twice the annual pay of other staff members by doing absolutely nothing except warming your chair. You are never in a hurry to get anything done and even comment that you have all day to do nothing. Your superior treats you as though you are king of the office. Am I jealous? Maybe. I would like to know how I can land such a cushy job being an office couch potato and drive a new top of the line Benz like you without having to lift a finger.

Signed,

PO'd worker

Sounds like someone's got a case of the "Tuesdays."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOJzpeCMJzs[/youtube]

Hope it gets better for you, T2.  There's always an alternative...

-IR2

Reactions: t2
T2, sorry to hear about the kind of boss that you have.  They are the type that take delegating way too far.  Makes me glad that I don't have a boss like that to deal with (or a boss period).  Have you thought about looking for another job?  It's a lot easier to get a new job if you already have a job.  Good luck and stay strong!

Most higher ups dont really do anything. Well, i shouldnt say that, they dont do any original work and shouldnt.  They do probably spend more time in meetings than they should, but that goes with the territory.  With that said, your boss does seem to do to many personal things while at the office. When im at the office i dont even like to take (or make) personal calls and that includes my wife.  I just dont think its professional.  A guy in the office next to mine talks to his wife several times throughout the day and always tells her he loves her, so F-ing annoying, but that is just me.

I report to the CFO of our company and occasionally give him a hard time about his work, or lack there of.

qwerty said:
Most higher ups dont really do anything. Well, i shouldnt say that, they dont do any original work and shouldnt.  They do probably spend more time in meetings than they should, but that goes with the territory.  With that said, your boss does seem to do to many personal things while at the office. When im at the office i dont even like to take (or make) personal calls and that includes my wife.  I just dont think its professional.  A guy in the office next to mine talks to his wife several times throughout the day and always tells her he loves her, so F-ing annoying, but that is just me.

I report to the CFO of our company and occasionally give him a hard time about his work, or lack there of.
For a good laugh, you should ask him if he even knows how to book an adjusting journal entry at quarter/year-end into accounting software.  haha

morekaos said:
I am my own boss so it is very difficult to hate me.  You see my dilemma?

I have a jersey for you...
he_hate_me.jpg

Back