The guy behind that cranky Irvine real estate blog is...

graphrix_IHB

<em><a href="http://www.ocregister.com/articles/roberts-irvine-home-2225489-housing-people">MORNING READ: A blogger known as IrvineRenter has generated a lot of hate e-mail over the past two years.</a> Now, Larry Roberts defends himself.

Some consider Larry Roberts a hero for saving people hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost home equity. Others consider him a villain, cheering from the cheap seats as home profits vanish and home owners go bankrupt.

Roberts will tell you he's just a blogger, a guy with a keyboard and high-speed connectivity who happened to foresee the big pop in the housing bubble early in the game, and tried to warn as many people as possible.

And, yeah, satisfaction is part of the deal.

Roberts is better known as IrvineRenter, the online voice that drives the popular Irvine Housing Blog web site (www.irvinehousingblog.com). He has become one of the biggest, best-known mouths in a world of big, mouthy real estate blogs. And he does, in fact, enjoy his role as un-paid economic guru. </em>

http://images.ocregister.com/newsimages/community/irvine/2008/11/11_c_irvinehouseblog4_large.jpg

http://images.ocregister.com/newsimages/community/irvine/2008/11/11_c_irvinehouseblog2_large.jpg

OMG! Are those counter tops granite?

[quote author="graphrix" date=1226496276]OMG! Are those counter tops granite?</blockquote>

Yes, even us lowly renters get to enjoy our Pergraniteel... We've got nice crown molding too.

[quote author="IrvineRenter" date=1226497219][quote author="graphrix" date=1226496276]OMG! Are those counter tops granite?</blockquote>

Yes, even us lowly renters get to enjoy our Pergraniteel... We've got nice crown molding too.</blockquote>

Ahh, from your profile at Mayer, I see that you are a KB alumni. It's pretty common that the KB folk are the jaded types.

[quote author="tkaratz" date=1226498752][quote author="IrvineRenter" date=1226497219][quote author="graphrix" date=1226496276]OMG! Are those counter tops granite?</blockquote>

Yes, even us lowly renters get to enjoy our Pergraniteel... We've got nice crown molding too.</blockquote>

Ahh, from your profile at Mayer, I see that you are a KB alumni. It's pretty common that the KB folk are the jaded types.</blockquote>

That Jerry Anderson dude sure would make a good Santa Claus... Ho ho ho!

Thanks for revealing the identity. There is a guy in my neighborhood who seems to be working from home (or doesn't work at all) and looks like could be a writer. I kept wondering if that guy could be the IrvineRenter. I guess I don't have to wonder no more...

[quote author="IrvineRenter" date=1226497219][quote author="graphrix" date=1226496276]OMG! Are those counter tops granite?</blockquote>

WTF? I am a homedebtor, and I have tile counters, none of that pergo crap, zero stainless, and no crown molding. I am happy that my ceilings have been scraped of the popcorn, I have can lighting, and new windows and sliding glass doors. Man... this homedebtor is jealous of you lowly renters, you guys have the good life. Could you tell your landlord that I need a new front door, new entry tile, new carpet, interior paint, remodeled bathrooms, and a modestly upgraded kitchen. I mean, in this time of change, I would hope that the spreading of wealth will truly come down to those in need, and I need these things if they have them, and to spread the wealth equally. Oh... I could use a new sprinkler system too, and I am willing to help install it, could the wealth be spread to do that as well? I am willing to do my part to earn the spreading, so is that fair?

<em>Hoping skek realizes that I am mocking both sides, to be fair and balanced and all.</em>

Read the article this morning old school style (the actual newspaper)... it was good and I liked the glossary.

So who trademarked Pergraniteel?? And is there Stograniteel? or Woograniteel??

Congrats on the article and hopefully more people can get detoxed.

[quote author="graphrix" date=1226512050] Oh... I could use a new sprinkler system too, and I am willing to help install it, could the wealth be spread to do that as well? I am willing to do my part to earn the spreading, so is that fair?</blockquote>

No, no... part of the wealth spreading is job creation. Even though you could do it yourself, or at least help, you can't. You must hire someone who is unemployed from the REIC. ;-)

[quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1226535225][quote author="graphrix" date=1226512050] Oh... I could use a new sprinkler system too, and I am willing to help install it, could the wealth be spread to do that as well? I am willing to do my part to earn the spreading, so is that fair?</blockquote>

No, no... part of the wealth spreading is job creation. Even though you could do it yourself, or at least help, you can't. You must hire someone who is unemployed from the REIC. ;-)</blockquote>

Oh yeah... that's right... Deuce! You know how you love to do yard work? Well...

The blog is no crankier than showing "Faces of Death" to a group of drivers ed students. Each serves its purpose, in my opinion.

[quote author="tkaratz" date=1226498752][quote author="IrvineRenter" date=1226497219][quote author="graphrix" date=1226496276]OMG! Are those counter tops granite?</blockquote>

Ahh, from your profile at Mayer, I see that you are a KB alumni. It's pretty common that the KB folk are the jaded types.</blockquote>

I was working at KB when the bubble burst. I remember in June of 2006 there was a 66% drop in sales in a single month. I knew exactly what that meant. I jumped ship just before my department was eliminated.

Granite countertop and crown molding are IAC spec level. The luxury spec were at first only available in its higher rent units but IAC was able to negotiate with a Chinese stone supplier to bring granite prices down to the price of Formica. Buying in bulk also allowed IAC to apply the higher spec when refurbishing older apartments.

Great job IR. You are definitely ranked at the top for respect.

[quote author="graphrix" date=1226512050][quote author="IrvineRenter" date=1226497219][quote author="graphrix" date=1226496276]OMG! Are those counter tops granite?</blockquote>

WTF? I am a homedebtor, and I have tile counters, none of that pergo crap, zero stainless, and no crown molding. I am happy that my ceilings have been scraped of the popcorn, I have can lighting, and new windows and sliding glass doors. Man... this homedebtor is jealous of you lowly renters, you guys have the good life. Could you tell your landlord that I need a new front door, new entry tile, new carpet, interior paint, remodeled bathrooms, and a modestly upgraded kitchen. I mean, in this time of change, I would hope that the spreading of wealth will truly come down to those in need, and I need these things if they have them, and to spread the wealth equally. Oh... I could use a new sprinkler system too, and I am willing to help install it, could the wealth be spread to do that as well? I am willing to do my part to earn the spreading, so is that fair?

<em>Hoping skek realizes that I am mocking both sides, to be fair and balanced and all.</em></blockquote>

I was thinking the same thing Graph except that ALL we have are the stainless appliances, new carpet and interior paint. Oh, I almost forgot the new faucet that I installed in the bathroom last weekend and am so proud of. Can't afford the windows, cabinets, counters, sprinklers, exterior paint, interior doors, or the bathroom updates. Might be able to eke out a mantle and crown molding before the holidays. I figure that by the time we can afford to do all of the other things, the carpet will need to replaced and the interior painted again, sigh....

In my IAC Orchard Hills 2x2 apartment, there is no granite in the kitchen, although we have the pergo and stainless steel appliances. It's some kind of formica material. Anyone in OH have granite?

Back