The good ol' days...

irvinehusky

Ah, good ol' dodgeball in middle school.  You never wanted to be one of the last ones standing since that assured you of going up against the super athlete upperclassman, Buff, with his 70 mph fastball and you knew you were going to be humiliated in front of everyone else now watching, not to mention black and blue.

Mrs. XYZ (changed her name) with her long ruler and she would smack your hands with it.  Mr.
ZYX and his chalkboard eraser and he would throw it at you from the front of the class and smack you with it (good aim too).

Mrs. ZZZ (Probably was over 500 lbs with a bad temper) and the painful headlocks she would dish out.

Kids don't have fun anymore.  :p
http://thestir.cafemom.com/being_a_mom/185828/11_normal_things_every_80s

Happiness said:
I cry when I think about the fact that kids today will never know the joys of firecrackers and lawn darts.
Not me. I prefer my kids to have all their fingers and eyes.

Now I know why my parents didn't want me to play football in high school.

#concussion

The freedom of a bike. My parents lost track of me for days at a time in the summer but knew I was at the beach.  For that matter the joy of getting your license on the DAY of your 16th birthday.  Kids today will never understand nor appreciate the freedom.

morekaos said:
The freedom of a bike. My parents lost track of me for days at a time in the summer but knew I was at the beach.  For that matter the joy of getting your license on the DAY of your 16th birthday.  Kids today will never understand nor appreciate the freedom.

California's graduated license system for teens is safer for all of us. The "good old days" licensing resulted in too many deaths.

Back