The Dilemma

NoWowway_IHB

<strong>"So here now I have a dilemma. I don't think Obama is qualified. I don't really like Biden but do think he is qualified. I do think McCain is qualified. I liked him much better in 2000 than this year though. So, yes, Palin is not qualified. But she is a vice presidential candidate."</strong>

Thank you for a very thoughtful post. Here are my thoughts;

The VP choice is critical for both sides. Obama needed Biden to fill out both foreign policy experience and long time Congressional experience, contacts, etc. You may not like him, but his personal story shows strength and character. He does tend to shoot his mouth off sometimes, but it is usually too much truth, and not enough political spin. I kind of like that idea... McCain, because of his age and possible health concerns, needed someone who was *ready* to step in as POTUS and CIC. The choice of Palin was, I believe a desperate ploy to shake up the campaigns and distract the masses. It worked, temporarily. She is a dynamic, accomplished woman, but anyone who says she is ready is kidding themselves. She clearly isn't, and people who are open minded are beginning to see that.

Keep in mind that Congress will certainly have a larger dem majority, and may have veto override power. While McCain does have some history of reaching across party lines, he has abandoned that in recent years. Palin appears to have no tolerance (or experience) for cross-party work.

All things considered, Obama is the logical choice, imho.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=26984674&sort=whole#26985637

How is McCain more qualified than Obama? What the hell has McCain ever done. He IS the problem. He's running against "Warshington" when he's been sitting there for 30 years doing nothing.

Back