The California Court

irvinehomeowner

Seriously... using motorcourts as marketing? Touting them as a feature?
http://www2.irvinepacific.com/mk/get/CV005

2uix1jr.jpg

What next?

The California Front Door

Enter your house in style, a portal to your personal space made of elegant wood painted in an earth tone to compliment your beautiful stucco exterior. Not only does it have the ability to keep your valuables safe, but it can also allow visual identification of visitors through the California PeepHole (a premium upgrade, please consult your sales associate).

Wait, did you add the "California PeepHole" bit as a joke? I don't see it mentioned in the link. If so - haha, good one.

irvinehomeowner said:
Seriously... using motorcourts as marketing? Touting them as a feature?
http://www2.irvinepacific.com/mk/get/CV005

2uix1jr.jpg

What next?

The California Front Door

Enter your house in style, a portal to your personal space made of elegant wood painted in an earth tone to compliment your beautiful stucco exterior. Not only does it have the ability to keep your valuables safe, but it can also allow visual identification of visitors through the California PeepHole (a premium upgrade, please consult your sales associate).

Anything sells! As long as you know how to market :)
So yeah, when we list our house, we will make sure our Realtor uses all these catch phrases.. California Court, ha?

I can just imagine the inevitable arguments coming from pissed off neighbors because of the shared driveway being blocked by a car or kid's toys/bicycles.  Oh the newly created joy of the California Court innovation!

SoCal said:
Wait, did you add the "California PeepHole" bit as a joke? I don't see it mentioned in the link. If so - haha, good one.
The whole "California Door" is a joke... just like the "California Court" is one by TIC over Irvine buyers.

TBF...this is not a motorcourt home.  It actually has a driveway.  I like the idea but the upkeep is going to be killer with all the cars going over the bricks.  It's definitely a cleaner look than asphalt.

Irvinecommuter said:
TBF...this is not a motorcourt home.  It actually has a driveway.  I like the idea but the upkeep is going to be killer with all the cars going over the bricks.  It's definitely a cleaner look than asphalt.
TBFB... it does have a driveway, but it IS on a motorcourt (and thus a motorcourt home), like Monticello in Woodbury.

Mulberry is different, it's actually on a street.

irvinehomeowner said:
SoCal said:
The whole "California Door" is a joke... just like the "California Court" is one by TIC over Irvine buyers.

Amazing. You actually had me believing the California Door excerpt was truly copied & pasted right down to the earthy tones matching the beautiful stucco exterior. The only red flag for me was doing visual recon through the peep hole. The rest was very authentic. I'm impressed. You could have a second career moonlighting as a copy editor at the marketing dept, I'm positive... Hold the phones. What is it you do for a living again? You were always kind of vague about that.  ;)

irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:
TBFB... it does have a driveway, but it IS on a motorcourt (and thus a motorcourt home), like Monticello in Woodbury.

Mulberry is different, it's actually on a street.

But having a "motorcourt" vs a "street is a plus to me.  Asphalt is pretty dirty stuff and the bricks look a lot nicer.

Irvinecommuter said:
But having a "motorcourt" vs a "street is a plus to me.  Asphalt is pretty dirty stuff and the bricks look a lot nicer.
Visually maybe. But the homes are closer together, guests can't park in front of your home... and curb appeal of the home is lost. Plus... no sidewalk in front of your home.

Also... if it's like the other motorcourts in Irvine, you have to walk your trash to the main street off your motorcourt. Cruise around Monticello in Woodbury to get an idea of a driveway motorcourt set-up. It feels pretty packed.

test said:
Who maintains the bricks?  The master HOA?
irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Visually maybe. But the homes are closer together, guests can't park in front of your home... and curb appeal of the home is lost. Plus... no sidewalk in front of your home.

Also... if it's like the other motorcourts in Irvine, you have to walk your trash to the main street off your motorcourt. Cruise around Monticello in Woodbury to get an idea of a driveway motorcourt set-up. It feels pretty packed.

No that's not correct, there is street parking in front of the motorcourt, basically two houses of street for four houses. You also have a side walk along the street and two motorcourt adjacent walkpaths to the houses.  The front two houses have entries facing the street and walkway.

And btw:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=yiJ9fy1qSFI[/youtube]

@nsr:

To clarify, I said no curb parking or sidewalk in *front* of your home. I realize those things exist at the side of the end units but that's still not in front of your home.

On trash day, the bins have to compete with the cars for curb space.

nosuchreality said:
test said:
Who maintains the bricks?  The master HOA?
irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:

No that's not correct, there is street parking in front of the motorcourt, basically two houses of street for four houses. You also have a side walk along the street and two motorcourt adjacent walkpaths to the houses.  The front two houses have entries facing the street and walkway.

That's how I see it...it actually seems like a nice place for kids to play without worrying about cars coming in and out all the time.

They should call it the California Cul-de-sac then...sounds better, "court" makes me think of legal system (that's what I thought of first after getting the emails).

irvinehomeowner said:
@nsr:
On trash day, the bins have to compete with the cars for curb space.

This is different how from any older community?

Give TIC a chance.  I hear they're introducing a new California Coach Home for the low $800Ks.  I can hear their tag line now "Moving shouldn't mean giving up your dream home"

mobile-home-park-2.jpg

From the pics, it looks like these California courts are only 2 homes deep instead of 3... Every house is a corner lot!  Guess they'll all have a premium then.

Back