The Branches - New homes in Woodbridge (Alderwood) by William Lyon

@NQ:

I agree with you on maximizing profit... I just disagreed with you saying they are passing the cost onto the consumer. There is no "cost" passing... they are passing their additional profits to the consumer. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
@NQ:

I agree with you on maximizing profit... I just disagreed with you saying they are passing the cost onto the consumer. There is no "cost" passing... they are passing their additional profits to the consumer. :)
They are just charging what the market will bare so you can throw out passing on of costs or profits.  People are falling all over themselves to pay top dollar for the homes so builder will just keep going higher until the reach max pain for the buyers.

No Quarter said:
2. foreclosed inventory / REOs: Currently being sold to investors or REITs by banks in large tranches ($75 mil - $500 million blocks).  The exact size of this cohort (shadow inventory) is still up in the air thanks to the state AGs and courts who made it impossible for banks to finish foreclosure proceedings in a timely manner.

hah, what a republican world-view.  "regulatory burden" indeed.

that is why the banks have been taking 4 (four!) years to even file a NOD on Newport Coast ponzi scammers?

no...its all about the banks, not the "state AGs"

Actually, what I was implying was that rather than placing the blame for the slowdown of FCs on the regulatory apparatus, it should be squarely laid at the feet of the banks, who are delaying foreclosing on many times (2-10?) as many people delinquent on their home loans than the delays by the "state AGs" would indicate.

The re-writing of accounting standards allowing banks to delay foreclosures, and hence recognizing their losses, has allowed the many people who are two plus years without a payment, and without the banks filing a NOD

It has nothing to do with my desire for a house (or car), nor to "inject politics into a fact based discussion". 

Can you tell us how long the "state AGs" have delayed any FCs?

bwpunch said:

Lot Size: 2,557 Sq. Ft

24g65uv.jpg

Irvine_Dreamer said:
test said:
Lot Size: 2,557 Sq. Ft
1.2 mil home sitting on 2557 sq ft lot is a joke
Unbelieveable

I don't think that lot size is correct. Someone must of fat fingered when putting in the information on MLS. Please notice that the home size and lot size are exactly the same. I don't think that is random coincidence.

Mulberry is almost there.... I would say 90%?

Aren't the homes in SF built like that?  No setbacks for the side, everyone just butts up against one another..

Plenty of ppl rent SFR in $3500 to $4500 range.  Generally, pp. charge 5% of the home value as the yearly rent for the investment to make sense.  So, assuming the home is valued @ $1M, rent will be $4166 a month. 

In some cases, rent will be a little bit less when the owners are looking at appreciation than just rent. 

jamboreedude said:
Vinster said:
yaliu07 said:
lol...  who is going to spend 3900 on rent???

FCRTM (Foreign Cash Renter)?

renters are usually true blooded Americans. the FCBs generally do not rent houses , they prefer to own.
I think in general, most FCBs do prefer to own, but there are ones who don't. They will even pay multiple years in advance... true FCRs.

yaliu07 said:
lol...  who is going to spend 3900 on rent???
So you get around $4k in rent for a home that cost $1.1m-$1.2m (my house that I'm in for around $600k rents would rent out for $3k)....they must be hoping for appreciation because that is a horrible cash-on-cash return once you factor in vacancy, R&M, and opportunity cost of capital.  I can make that kind of return in a month without having to be a landlord. 

Back