Thanks USCtrojan !!

akap

I've been meaning to write this post for quite some time but with moving into our new home and having a new baby its been pushed to the back burner.  So this is definitely long overdue...

Our story begins with my husband and I looking to dive into the Irvine housing market mid 2012. After some research, we decide to enlist the help of a Redfin agent to help us in our search of finding the perfect home and also benefit from the rebate check we would get after the purchase.  We narrow down a new build which we think is perfect and fits our needs but we soon realize our Redfin agent isn't up to par in terms of what we would like in a realtor and decide to part ways with her.  I thought realtors were supposed to negotiate for you?  hmm...perhaps I was wrong...I think.  In the process of parting ways with Redfin, I came across someone by the name of USCtrojan on the Talk Irvine site who seemed extremely knowledgeable and decide to run a few things by him via the site.  I must have asked him at least a dozen questions and scenarios which he patiently answered for me.  We received wonderful advice and suggestions from him and this from someone who had never met us but ended up saving us thousands of dollars in the process.  We eventually came to meet USCtrojan at a later date and at that point we were sure we wanted him to be our realtor and help us find our home.  At that time, it wasn't clear whether he was going to be receiving a commission from the builder of the home we were interested in but he wanted to help us nonetheless.  USCTrojan educated us regarding the Irvine market which our Redfin agent never did but I guess that is what you get from a limited services realtor.  We realized what we thought was the perfect home was nice but didn't quite check all the boxes.  Luckily for us, USCtrojan introduced us to the Las Ventanas community.  We were able to snatch up one of the last few homes available in the community and he assisted us in negotiating a deal with the builder.  An added bonus is USCtrojan splits his commission he gets from the builder with you so in the long run we benefited much more with going with USCtrojan then Redfin.  Our home buying experience could have quite possibly turned into a nightmare costing us far more  but thanks to our wonderful realtor buying our home was positive and relatively pain free.  Since closing and moving in, we have received numerous referrals from him who have been great as well. USCtrojan thanks for the advice, suggestions and referrals!!!

On a side note....Laura and John at the Las Ventanas sales office were absolutely wonderful. We never felt pressured at all and I would always stop by to say hi to them whenever I was taking a look at the home being completed.  Definitely not the usual sales agents you run into at all.  If only more people with Taylor Morrision were like them....sigh.

+1
USCTrojan has my highest recommendation.  He shares his wealth of knowledge and he's definitely not pushy like some other realtors I spoken with.  I purchased my first home with him, last year.  I'll be using him for the sale of my place and purchase of my new place.  Only negative I can say is he has a sick GT3 but it's also the dirtiest GT3 I've ever seen...wash your car man!  :D

Yellowneck4NASCAR said:
+1
USCTrojan has my highest recommendation.  He shares his wealth of knowledge and he's definitely not pushy like some other realtors I spoken with.  I purchased my first home with him, last year.  I'll be using him for the sale of my place and purchase of my new place.  Only negative I can say is he has a sick GT3 but it's also the dirtiest GT3 I've ever seen...wash your car man!  :D

By the looks of things, I think I might need to get in touch with USCtrojan for help me get a house.

On another note, is it a 996 or 997 GT3? I dont think the 991 GT3 is not out yet.

Yellowneck4NASCAR said:
+1
I was going to wash it, but like I predicted...it rained today.  :p  :-X

quattroporte said:
Yellowneck4NASCAR said:
+1

By the looks of things, I think I might need to get in touch with USCtrojan for help me get a house.

On another note, is it a 996 or 997 GT3? I dont think the 991 GT3 is not out yet.
I got a great deal on a used 997 GT3 earlier this year, couple that with a 1.49% 5-year car loan from PenFed and it was a nobrainer.  I love standing out when I pull up with my car to sales offices and open houses with the car.  You have all those big baller super agents with their mercedes or land rovers so it's fun to throw people off with the GT3.  haha

akap said:
I've been meaning to write this post for quite some time but with moving into our new home and having a new baby its been pushed to the back burner.  So this is definitely long overdue...

Our story begins with my husband and I looking to dive into the Irvine housing market mid 2012. After some research, we decide to enlist the help of a Redfin agent to help us in our search of finding the perfect home and also benefit from the rebate check we would get after the purchase.  We narrow down a new build which we think is perfect and fits our needs but we soon realize our Redfin agent isn't up to par in terms of what we would like in a realtor and decide to part ways with her.  I thought realtors were supposed to negotiate for you?  hmm...perhaps I was wrong...I think.  In the process of parting ways with Redfin, I came across someone by the name of USCtrojan on the Talk Irvine site who seemed extremely knowledgeable and decide to run a few things by him via the site.  I must have asked him at least a dozen questions and scenarios which he patiently answered for me.  We received wonderful advice and suggestions from him and this from someone who had never met us but ended up saving us thousands of dollars in the process.  We eventually came to meet USCtrojan at a later date and at that point we were sure we wanted him to be our realtor and help us find our home.  At that time, it wasn't clear whether he was going to be receiving a commission from the builder of the home we were interested in but he wanted to help us nonetheless.  USCTrojan educated us regarding the Irvine market which our Redfin agent never did but I guess that is what you get from a limited services realtor.  We realized what we thought was the perfect home was nice but didn't quite check all the boxes.  Luckily for us, USCtrojan introduced us to the Las Ventanas community.  We were able to snatch up one of the last few homes available in the community and he assisted us in negotiating a deal with the builder.  An added bonus is USCtrojan splits his commission he gets from the builder with you so in the long run we benefited much more with going with USCtrojan then Redfin.  Our home buying experience could have quite possibly turned into a nightmare costing us far more  but thanks to our wonderful realtor buying our home was positive and relatively pain free.  Since closing and moving in, we have received numerous referrals from him who have been great as well. USCtrojan thanks for the advice, suggestions and referrals!!!

On a side note....Laura and John at the Las Ventanas sales office were absolutely wonderful. We never felt pressured at all and I would always stop by to say hi to them whenever I was taking a look at the home being completed.  Definitely not the usual sales agents you run into at all.  If only more people with Taylor Morrision were like them....sigh.
I'm glad I was able to help you guys find the right home that made the most sense for you without settling for just any new home.  I figured that the Las Ventanas community had a home that you guys would like as well have new nice folks who I helped buy over there too.  I'll give you guys a call to see if I can stop by to take a look at the home since tax season has come and gone.  Thank you again for having provided me the opportunity to assistance you on your home search.  :D 

USCtrojan, I am looking to buy a new 2 bedroom/2 bath condo in Irvine. I like Santa Maria and I am on their priority list. They told me to wait 5 to 6 months for "The Call". Its been a month already and the prices are up $20,000 since then. What other new construction would you recommend? Any new developments coming in the near-future?

Thanks in advance!

Back