Taxi appreciation day

cubiczirconia

Sorry, mother's day :)

So what are TI dads doing to make their mom/ mom of their children feel special? I had big plans of designing a fabric for my mother.. Didn't do it. Probably will recycle something I wrote before and be one. I am already getting notes from the younger one :) she is making something in school..

Share...

At first glance, I thought the subject was "TAX Appreciation Day"... scared me.

I thought fathers were more like taxis than mothers... maybe "Medic Appreciation Day"?

Same ole same ole for us... multiple mothers -- one giant brunch somewhere.

Haha! Tax appreciation would scare me also :)
Now that you mention, daddy taxi runs as much as mommy taxi in my house, but you know.. I am more vocal about being the chauffeur..

homer_simpson said:
Limo for the wife/mother/mother-in-law to the Hot Springs/Massage during the day.  Then dinner with us men later :)

Wow, that is really nice, Homer. Was it your idea or theirs?

homer_simpson said:
Mine... Thought it would be great for a ladies day out.

Good job. It's a great idea especially because it is Marge's very first Mother's Day! It will be memorable for her.

My husband is so lucky. He gets Mother's Day and our anniversary back-to-back. Double whammy! Luckily for him, I go easy on him.

A free, easy idea for those of you trying to think of something for Mother's Day. Well, you can really use it for a lot of different occasions including Valentine's Day and anniversaries.

THIS is a cool site that lets you type in your own words and produce this on the spot:

86671072fd7cd45ccaf6f4aa9b0fd2ef.jpg

I just used it to write a letter for my anniversary.  :) You can print it out and put it inside of a picture frame.

Here is a similar idea: Word Hearts

Use this tool to fill the heart shape with the word(s) of your choice.  Then change your fonts, color, shape, and background.

valentines+word+heart.bmp

So. Mother's Day weekend was fun. Yes, I said "weekend". I have 2 3 boys so I'm taking the entire weekend, people. Mr. SoCal says he's been reminding me for 10 years that I am not his mother. Therefore, he does not have to buy me anything. However, after thinking about it more, he said I make his dinners, do all his laundry for him, dress him, set his appointments, and give him chores... so that makes me his mother.  :D True enough.

I must have a screw loose. We went to Boomer's in Irvine on Mother's Day.  :) I was just about the only mom in that joint. Couldn't have picked a better day to go. Basically no lines. (Wonder why?!) The place was nearly empty. Had our pick of arcade games. I made everybody sorry they play air hockey with me. It was bloody hot at 90 degrees. But other than that, a great time. Watching them have fun is fun for me. Church in the morning, lunch out, Boomer's, frozen yogurt, then home to pass out. My idea of a perfect day. Saturday involved doing a whole lot of nothing which comes in at a close second favorite. On Friday, I gave them a vote. We could either go furniture shopping all day long (YAY!) or go to Boomer's. Shockingly(!) Boomer's won over an 8 hour furniture excursion.  :eek: ;)

I might have to post some cuteness later of things they made me. Very sweet.

Back