Tasty Garden just opened!

fumbling said:
what I can't believe is goint to Chick Fila today and seeing that they are charging $9.25 for a grilled chicken sandwich meal

1625522_10153759158875494_1390470886_n.png

SoCal said:
fumbling said:
what I can't believe is goint to Chick Fila today and seeing that they are charging $9.25 for a grilled chicken sandwich meal

1625522_10153759158875494_1390470886_n.png

Hey hey, this thread is about food, canto food only!  Take the political stuff to the SOTU thread :)

HK cafe is a food genre that grew out from a 24 hr city to service patrons during the off peak hours. The typical breakfast/ lunch or everyday brunch is often referred to as dim sum. Dim sum encompasses hundreds of small sampler dishes. The larger the group gathering over Dim Sum the better because one could eat and share an endless varieties of dishes.  The next meal is dinner consisting of typically a dish from each food group prepared in the cuisine method of cooking. Vegetable, poultry, fish, red meat, shellfish and a soup are the traditional dinner meal served family style. The cafe style is served all day long that it is neither breakfast, brunch or dinner cuisines. People in the service industry or retail make money during prime time and for them along with clubbers and dating couples eating at off peak hours is very common like after midnight. Hong Kong caf?s opens 21 hours a day and close for 3 hours between 3-6am for prep and cleaning. The menu is extensive by offering rice, noodle soup, chow mein, quick stir fries, porridge, and western dishes like sandwiches, steaks, pastas and grilled dishes. Cafe drink menu is just as extensive. Milk tea, Thai tea, ginseng, fruit drink, bean drinks and boba just to name a few. The setting of HK cafe is opposite of cuisine restaurants designed for smaller groups of gathering and those out on a date. Lots of tables for 2-4 rather than those big round tables that seats 10 or more. Booths or fixed seating is what set them apart from the cuisine restaurants where the tables are all portable and easily transformed for a wedding banquet dining hall. Price wise Hong Kong Cafe is considered a notch up from fast food and priced competitively around $5-7 for most dishes and $11 for grilled dishes. I have not been to Tasty Garden but I suspect the prices are much higher due to the reputation of the landlord and Irvine overhead. In NYC Hong Kong style cafe is about the cheapest food in the city and cheaper than street foods.

SoCal said:
ZeroLot said:
Hong Kong style cafe.

What does that mean?  (says the American girl.)

Thank you, Ihs. That is the first good definition available on the web for Hong Kong style cafe. Seriously, yesterday I Googled it and found no definition at all, just random pictures. That is the first time that's ever happened to me when I Googled something.

Your interests and curiosity  in learning is what set you apart from other white girls. I trust that one day you could be the ambassador that helps bridge the east and west.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Your interests and curiosity  in learning is what set you apart from other white girls. I trust that one day you could be the ambassador that helps bridge the east and west.

When you say east and west you mean irvine and foothill ranch right?

Foothill Ranch has a higher elevation than the trash dump and trash dump has a higher elevation than Irvine therefore the metaphors are heaven and earth hell.

qwerty said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

When you say east and west you mean irvine and foothill ranch right?

irvinehomeowner said:
SoCal said:
Thank you, Ihs. That is the first good definition available on the web for Hong Kong style cafe. Seriously, yesterday I Googled it and found no definition at all, just random pictures. That is the first time that's ever happened to me when I Googled something.
I think you forgot about my Chinese food thread (where you asked about shaved ice and boba):
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,3271.0.html

Amazing timing! You read my mind. I was just searching for that old boba thread and couldn't find it. I just made a new one before I saw this post of yours. I read the old thread but not enough info on how to order boba as I still don't get it.http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,11310.msg219412/topicseen.html#msg219412

Just went back there today I have to revise my review.

The beef with chinese broccoli is no longer the same quality of meat and broccoli. 

In addition I discover that during lunch times the milk tea drops to $1.75 + free refills.  ;D

Hope that helps those who are looking for a good deal on milk tea!

ZeroLot said:

The beef with chinese broccoli is no longer the same quality of meat and broccoli. 

In addition I discover that during lunch times the milk tea drops to $1.75 + free refills.  ;D

Just when I think I have your ethnicity figured out you go and do something to confuse me! Beef with broccoli?  :p

Thanks for the update.

Coleman said:
ZeroLot said:

Just when I think I have your ethnicity figured out you go and do something to confuse me! Beef with broccoli?  :p

I got to keep it interesting!  Can't make it too easy! ;)

Back