Talise at PS: Landfill odor?

Lanelgn

One of my friends is interested move to Talise at PS.
I know this area was troubled by the AAA.
Now, AAA was removed. What about landfill odor?

Thank you in advance

I lived in Talise before. There were like 10 days in a year that I smelled something in the air, especially around 7pm - early morning. The worst smell would actually be around the entrance to Lambert Ranch though. After I moved to Sierra, one day I smelled it & file a complaint, and the inspector called me right away. The crazy thing is I was the only one to complain on that day. Maybe ask your friends to drive on Tomato Spring around that time in a month to see if they smell anything?

One of the reasons why some people called Portola Springs the "dump" when it was built due to its proximity to the landfill! 🤣 I consider the Altair community to be technically located in Portola Springs as well as the Cielo and Azul homes in PS are just right above the Altair Toll Brothers homes!

I think the AAA issue was more localized at the Reserve at OH and the Eastwood Village communities due to their proximity to the AAA plant and did not affect Portola Springs as much other than the landfill issue there. I have heard that some Stonegate homeowners across the Bowerman landfill entrance have had concerns about the landfill odor as well.

I have not smelled anything from the landfill since moving to PS almost 2 years ago. It could be that PS south of Portola Pkwy is on higher ground or it's possible that the wind mostly blows southwest, which is why Stonegate could smell it more.

back in the day I would smell it a lot while visiting legado 2 in PS. made me have second thoughts...

Back