Taco Tuesday

No, it was mediocre in appearance, taste, and quantity/quality. Still hungry after eating it. If anyone is going to buy the burger there, I recommend ordering a double (2 patties).

Actually the burger at W Cafe (20 Pacifica) is better. About same price ($10) and served on a real plate with chips. Short walking distance from Shake Shack @ Spectrum.

If you're really hungry, try The Grill at 300 Spectrum Center Drive for their burritos.

For salads, Spectrum Kitchen at 400 Spectrum Center Drive.

After Slater 50/50 closed I tried a number of places like "Hole in the Wall Burger" in Lake Forest, but was never really satisfied. Used to drive out to Sapphire in Laguna Beach but they charge $20-$23 for the burger now. 💰

View attachment 9502
I have personally had Sapphire recommended to me as the best burger in Laguna, but still haven't gone. Need to add a reminder haha.

shake shack didn’t make it? That’s pretty funny, I think it’s just a marginal burger anyway, but East Coast people think it’s the bomb🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂
Shake Shack has some of the most overrated burgers of all time. They're paper thin and not filling at all. I do like their fries and cheese sauce though. I've heard that their chicken sandwiches are better than the burgers, but I usually go when I'm craving a burger...and disappoint myself every time.

Shake Shack has some of the most overrated burgers of all time. They're paper thin and not filling at all. I do like their fries and cheese sauce though. I've heard that their chicken sandwiches are better than the burgers, but I usually go when I'm craving a burger...and disappoint myself every time.
…not even, they’re chicken sandwich blows. Chic fillet is way better. East coast people swear Shake shack is better than in n out…shows how little they know about burgers.🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂

I have personally had Sapphire recommended to me as the best burger in Laguna, but still haven't gone. Need to add a reminder haha.

They have a cafe/take-out place next door to the restaurant, where you can get the burger for couple bucks less (without sides). You can take the burger to go and walk across the street to sit at a bench with full ocean/beach view (better when weather is warmer).

If you have the Taco Bell app you can get early access to the cantina chicken taco and the cantina chicken quesadilla. The full cantina menu comes out on 3/21 if I remember correctly. I have always preferred my chicken in tacos to be shredded but not many places offer shredded chicken, so this is just another reason to love Taco Bell :)

Jalapeno's has good shredded chicken crispy tacos... so does Miguel Jr's but they don't have Taco Tuesday... they do however have a 20% off coupon in the Retail Therapy app. :)

Jalapeno's has good shredded chicken crispy tacos... so does Miguel Jr's but they don't have Taco Tuesday... they do however have a 20% off coupon in the Retail Therapy app. :)
I wouldnt touch anything at Jalapeños in Tustin. This place had been closed several times by OC Health for various issues like cockroach/rodent infestations.

Was referred tot his place by a friend, trying to make time to go:
2883 W Lincoln Ave Anaheim, CA 92801

o.jpg

o.jpg

o.jpg

W Cafe across the street from Spectrum @ 20 Pacifica is doing Taco Tue specials, 3 taco plate + rice and beans for $12.

Note they have another restaurant on Sand Canyon (across from Hoag hospital) with different menu:

Last edited:
The tacos at W Cafe is OK. I was a bit miffed that the poster board showed shrimp but only options given was chicken, beef and grilled veggies for tacos. The chicken is better than the beef.

Revolucion Cantina in downtown Fullerton is offering $15 AYCE Taco buffet on Tue 11am-3pm:

It's a much better deal, but further away from Irvine. 10 protein options, dessert, and aguas frescas included.

Back