T. Woods is no longer one of my favorite athletes.

[quote author="bltserv"]
[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]
So is Tiger Woods like Michael Jackson?

(this is like throwing hand grenades)[/quote]

Nope.
Big difference between consensual sex between adults and whatever Michael Jackson was doing.

Tiger woods just cheated on his wife sexually. I dont think he
loves his wife and kids any less.

Try and keep the perspective that I think he has. Its just SEX.

[/quote]
Well... I was more referring to his lack of real childhood and competitive father.

So maybe this is more analogous to Kobe Bryant?

Nowadays, it's vogue to not equate sex with love but for many, that is still the same thing and no matter what his perspective is, it's the perspective of his wife and family that is more important here.

Put yourself in her shoes, would it be easy for you to dismiss affairs that your wife/gf/sigother (or any long term relationship) had as "just SEX"?

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]
[quote author="bltserv"]

Nope.
Big difference between consensual sex between adults and whatever Michael Jackson was doing.

Tiger woods just cheated on his wife sexually. I dont think he
loves his wife and kids any less.

Try and keep the perspective that I think he has. Its just SEX.

[/quote]
Well... I was more referring to his lack of real childhood and competitive father.

So maybe this is more analogous to Kobe Bryant?

Nowadays, it's vogue to not equate sex with love but for many, that is still the same thing and no matter what his perspective is, it's the perspective of his wife and family that is more important here.

Put yourself in her shoes, would it be easy for you to dismiss affairs that your wife/gf/sigother (or any long term relationship) had as "just SEX"?[/quote]

I ran into Earl Woods at a function and at SNA a few times. He always had some younger woman on his arm. For sure he was a player. The old saying the fruit does not fall far from the tree is true.

Now as for Kobe. Doing the Hotel Concierge a few minutes after meeting her. Then having Anal Sex with her. Thats off the chart.
In my world thats RAPE. Not much time to develop a consensual relationship there. Personally I put Kobe up there with OJ on my chart of dumb and criminal athletes. The guy is scum.

Tiger is just making the mistakes of life. Making poor choices.
For some of us failures make us stronger. I hope it works out for him. And his wife is set for life. Thankfully his children are too young to understand this transgression.

[quote author="roundcorners"]
[quote author="Minimorty"]By no means am I perfect. However, my "transgressions" typically involve things like leaving the cap off of the toothpaste after using it. I am amazed at how many people find it to be not a big deal to cheat on a spouse. I am certainly not one of those people.[/quote]

I am no way condoning unfaithfulness, there is never an excuse; it's just that few celebrities of his status are ever faithful... they are either divorced, has multiple marriages or are single...[/quote]
And isn't this a big problem that most ignore?

When did infidelity become the norm?

I know this touches on a large moral debate but I don't subscribe to the "everyone else does it" mentality. It's not just celebrities... it's why divorce rates are so high... and it's no wonder people don't actually believe in marriage anymore.

It's sad when a high profile late night host can even joke on-air about his extortion over affairs with his employees and all is forgiven. A president can do so in office and it's nothing but fodder for old jokes.

I'm no saint... but stuff like this irritates me.

scarletletter300.jpg

[quote author="Minimorty"]
On top of that, my source indicated Elin Nordegren Woods, the mother of Tiger's two children, has demanded ? and is getting ? a total rewrite on the couple's prenuptial agreement making the incentives for her to remain Mrs. Tiger Woods even more enticing.
[/quote]

First off, post-nup agreements sound good and all, but they are notoriously shaky. They have very loose footing on consideration grounds and are routinely nullified - so don't think of these things as anywhere NEAR as solid as a prenup. I don't know the details, but this may just be a good maneuver by Tiger's lawyers.

And I completely disagree with you that Elin should take him for X million dollars. Her household services were not worth anywhere near that much money and you are just condoning an unequal exploitation of one person to "send a message." The agreements you describe make the wife nothing more than a high priced whore and extortionist. I wouldn't feel bad for cheating on a woman like that.

Further, what does Tiger's cheating habit have to do with his golf game. Many people have come out and said - hey, wait a minute. Tiger never held himself out to be a role model. He never put himself in the spotlight. In fact, he zealously guarded his privacy. He just went out there to be a good golfer, and thats what he is.

This is a sharp contrast from someone like, say, Sarah Palin, who put herself out there as a self-proclaimed moral leader and as someone who had expertise on teen pregnancy issues. Then her own kid gets knocked up. THAT is a reason to change your opinion about someone.

Lastly, you dont know if Elin was out banging the pool boy every day while Tiger was out earning his family money. Whatever, I am against any form of sport idolatry anyway. Why should you care about these pro athletes who would just as soon spit in your face if you met them in real life. They dont care about you. Go play a sport instead of wasting time oogling over a stanger playing his.

[quote author="Mojo"]
[quote author="Minimorty"]
On top of that, my source indicated Elin Nordegren Woods, the mother of Tiger's two children, has demanded ? and is getting ? a total rewrite on the couple's prenuptial agreement making the incentives for her to remain Mrs. Tiger Woods even more enticing.
[/quote]

First off, post-nup agreements sound good and all, but they are notoriously shaky. They have very loose footing on consideration grounds and are routinely nullified - so don't think of these things as anywhere NEAR as solid as a prenup. I don't know the details, but this may just be a good maneuver by Tiger's lawyers.

And I completely disagree with you that Elin should take him for X million dollars. Her household services were not worth anywhere near that much money and you are just condoning an unequal exploitation of one person to "send a message." The agreements you describe make the wife nothing more than a high priced whore and extortionist. I wouldn't feel bad for cheating on a woman like that.

Further, what does Tiger's cheating habit have to do with his golf game. Many people have come out and said - hey, wait a minute. Tiger never held himself out to be a role model. He never put himself in the spotlight. In fact, he zealously guarded his privacy. He just went out there to be a good golfer, and thats what he is.

This is a sharp contrast from someone like, say, Sarah Palin, who put herself out there as a self-proclaimed moral leader and as someone who had expertise on teen pregnancy issues. Then her own kid gets knocked up. THAT is a reason to change your opinion about someone.

Lastly, you dont know if Elin was out banging the pool boy every day while Tiger was out earning his family money. Whatever, I am against any form of sport idolatry anyway. Why should you care about these pro athletes who would just as soon spit in your face if you met them in real life. They dont care about you. Go play a sport instead of wasting time oogling over a stanger playing his.

[/quote]

Wow, I have a lot to say and not a lot of time to say it.

1. Post-nups are solid. Maybe not like a pre-nup (maybe), but still enforceable.

2. The emotional distress he put her through is worth X millions of dollars. Who cares about her household services.

3. Tiger cheating has nothing to do with his golf game. It has to do with the respect that I used to have for him. I no longer respect him as a person, and therefore, choose not to watch him as an athlete.

4. Sarah Palin has done nothing wrong and has nothing to do with this conversation. Yes, I support the right. No, I do not want Palin as our president.

5. I have played tennis all my life and have been quite successful. That has nothing to do with my enjoyment of watching the top athletes of various other sports compete.

All I am saying is that Tiger ("CHEETAH") is a D.B.

1. I disagree. Its a gamble.

2. Emotional distress for a cheating spouse is not worth any money. Its life - and sometimes it blows. There is a reason why there is no such cause of action for adultery, despite causes of action for every other reason under the sun. Quantifying your love pains in $ is ridiculous and disingenuous. Its about opportunistic cash grabbing here.

3. What did you used to respect about him? He never did anything else outside of golf that would make any normal person respect him. Were you proud of his commercials? I dont get it. The source of the respect, golf, has not been affected here. Sounds like you're being irrational.

4. Sarah Palin did do something wrong; by HOLDING HERSELF OUT to be an expert in an area that she clearly was not qualified in. Its the hubris of it all. I was contrasting her situation with Woods'. And she IS relevant as an illustrative example of a point I made. Way to get sidetracked. Shall we continue?

5. Alright Agassi. The fact that you sometimes play a sport has nothing to do with my comment that I find idolization of sports figures pathetic. And look at what you said here - you enjoy watching them compete. Do you also enjoy stalking them to make sure they're faithful to their wives?

[quote author="reason"]So far 5 mistresses. Lets have a bet on how many total. I say 10!![/quote]
Up to 5 already? Dang, I think he should be called Tiger "The Playa" Woods.

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA"]
[quote author="reason"]So far 5 mistresses. Lets have a bet on how many total. I say 10!![/quote]
Up to 5 already? Dang, I think he should be called Tiger "The Playa" Woods.[/quote]

Look at the bright side: He's opened the dialogue for thousands and thousands of other affairs across the nation. I caught up with this way too late, but will admit that I'm disappointed about having to shake up my happy little image of him.

I suggest a new animal for his moniker:
cheetah-closeup2.jpg

Ok get the clubs out for this one.

Any woman that marries a high profile professionaly athlete should be prepared for this eventuality.

These men are in a different city, away from their wives on a consistent regular basis. In these cities women are practically throwing themselves at these guys.

These men should really think twice about getting married.

I think this is why Derek Jeter has it right in that he hasn't gotten married. There was a story about a year ago where TWO women caused a scene because after they left Jeter's place they were asked to pay for parking. They finally called up to Dereks room and he paid for it.

His wife knew what she was getting into and the likley hood he would cheat. Many of the prenups actually have a higher payout if infidelity occurs.

But she seems to be ok with it now that millions of more dollars are being deposited into her account and he is willing to increase the amount of the divorce payout to 80 million plus.

[quote author="trrenter"]Ok get the clubs out for this one.

Any woman that marries a high profile professionaly athlete should be prepared for this eventuality.

These men are in a different city, away from their wives on a consistent regular basis. In these cities women are practically throwing themselves at these guys.

These men should really think twice about getting married.

I think this is why Derek Jeter has it right in that he hasn't gotten married. There was a story about a year ago where TWO women caused a scene because after they left Jeter's place they were asked to pay for parking. They finally called up to Dereks room and he paid for it.

His wife knew what she was getting into and the likley hood he would cheat. Many of the prenups actually have a higher payout if infidelity occurs.

But she seems to be ok with it now that millions of more dollars are being deposited into her account and he is willing to increase the amount of the divorce payout to 80 million plus.

[/quote]

Completely agree with this. Besides holding somebody to a higher standard is silly. If he were some bible thumping, holier than thou, religious person... maybe.

But he's and athlete and its almost expected. Kinda like a senator, actor, almost any political intern.... <!-- s:p -->:p<!-- s:p -->

-bix

I'm sure the network will pull these SNL videos off of Youtube any time now but here it is.

[flash=350,287:1qbsgipf]http://www.youtube.com/v/1b1R2DhQU-c&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:1qbsgipf]

Back