T-minus ? until Countrywide goes under.. . .

<p>Avenue One. I forgot about that one. </p>

<p>"Jamboree a Corridor of Real Estate Pain". I think Irvine Renter should do a Blog on this subject. </p>

<p>Well, I guess the DOJ did not want to get left out of being involved in Countrywide.</p>

<p><a href="http://www.cnbc.com/id/23929582">www.cnbc.com/id/23929582</a></p>

<p class="textBodyBlack">A federal judge has granted the U.S. Department of Justice wide authority to probe whether <strong><strong>Countrywide Financial</strong></strong> abuses the bankruptcy process, rejecting the largest U.S. mortgage lender's claim that the ruling could cause havoc for the lending industry.</p>

<p class="textBodyBlack">Judge Thomas Agresti of the U.S. bankruptcy court in Pittsburgh said the Office of the U.S. Trustee, an arm of the Justice Department that oversees bankruptcy cases, has the authority to conduct examinations and demand documents, so long as it exercises "good cause" and doesn't overreach.</p>

<em>I expect the market to gap down at the open on Monday.</em>

Mmmm... me too, and I think we may be right. There have been too many small short covering rallies in the last few days, that it just seems weird to me.

However, awgee is seeing the bottom, er nevermind... he is just being his snarky self. He needs a disclosure in his signature. Like... If it ain't snarky, it ain't right. Or, SNARKY FTW! This deserves a threadjacking, and the more people can add for his sig, the better.

like I have said before, I think this market has double bottomed at 11,700 Dow. The market is a discounter of future events. If we are in a recession (and I am not sure we really are) than this market is pricing in 8 to 12 months down the road. It is just like the 400 point rally when UBS reported an 18 billion dollar write down which had the MSM scratching their collective heads.

As predicted...

"Washington Mutual risks more losses on consumer lending, the Goldman analysts said. ``WaMu leads its peers with respect to recent growth in credit-card delinquencies,'' they said.

Fotheringham advised Goldman's clients to sell short, which is the sale of stock borrowed from shareholders. People who sell short hope to profit by repurchasing the securities later at a lower price and returning them to the holder."

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=ajKNResaBeFg

It's impossible to "price in" anything when you don't know what's coming. WAMU is utterly destroyed. Between credit cards (unsecured) and HELOCS, they were the consumer credit whore queen.

I agree about WAMU. They are the next shoe to fall in the Financials.

Wonder if Helicopter Ben will bail them out too ?

Man if he does, and your a short player, you got to be pissed off big.

At a point. Countrywide and WAMU need to die by the same sword

that they lived so well off of in the run up.

The public is bleeding and so should these companies and the overpaid

executives in management that ran them.

When you guys talk about Wamu falling apart - are you on suggesting a timeframe? Days, weeks, months? I just sold my condo and placed the proceeds in Wamu's online saving account!

[quote author="GrewUpInIrvine" date=1208049351]When you guys talk about Wamu falling apart - are you on suggesting a timeframe? Days, weeks, months? I just sold my condo and placed the proceeds in Wamu's online saving account!</blockquote>
As long as it's within the FDIC insurance limits, you should be fine. Never keep anything over the limit in any one bank if you can avoid it.

[quote author="GrewUpInIrvine" date=1208049351]When you guys talk about Wamu falling apart - are you on suggesting a timeframe? Days, weeks, months? I just sold my condo and placed the proceeds in Wamu's online saving account!</blockquote>

GrewUpInIrvine, check out the <a href="http://www.fdic.gov/deposit/deposits/insuringdeposits/index.html">FDIC</a> website to make sure your deposits are insured. As Nude said, you should be fine as long as the money is under the FDIC limit. To date, no one has lost money that was FDIC insured.

Thanks, Nude, for the Nude Tech Support: How to create <a href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/viewthread/2018/">links</a> for web addresses.

CFC is back under $ 5.00 this morning.

DSL has been unwinding huge since last summer when it was almost $ 75.00

now its under $ 15.00

Another Bank that I think has too much exposure in California is Wachovia

They bought up a few California Banks to establish a California presence.

In hindsight its killing them. WB is off more than 10% just this morning.

They should have stayed back east.

Untill all the "Slime" is off the balance sheet. Investors will just avoid thses stocks.

And now the business model is shot because they want to avoid any risk in RE loans

so the numbers are way off. I think we will see 2 of these 3 Institutions either merge

or 1 of them will fail in the near future.

Back