Swine Flu Salivation

Am I the only one looking on with disgust as the media seemingly is salivating all over themselves with the potential for a flu pandemic?

Also, didn't the news report back at the end of March beginning of April about the resurgent cases of flu that were hitting throughout the south and California? Almost everybody I know that was traveling end of March to April got sick with flu like symptoms which were particularly nasty and as they describe for the 'swine' flu.

[quote author="No_Such_Reality" date=1240806008]Am I the only one looking on with disgust as the media seemingly is salivating all over themselves with the potential for a flu pandemic?

Also, didn't the news report back at the end of March beginning of April about the resurgent cases of flu that were hitting throughout the south and California? Almost everybody I know that was traveling end of March to April got sick with flu like symptoms which were particularly nasty and as they describe for the 'swine' flu.</blockquote>

There is media frenzy but for good cause. Even the Obama administration conducted a White House press briefing yesterday and announced a US public health emergency. Granted there are limited confirmed cases and no deaths in the US yet, but the potential for disaster is out there. The number of dead in Mexico is alarming though most of those deaths have no viral confirmation.

I for one am glad the federal government is taking quick action. I consider myself a Republican and am ashamed at what Bush did in response to Katrina. At least Obama seems to be taking prudent steps to protect the American people in this case (though I am still pissed at all the money he is burning up on bad banks, car companies, and irresponsible home owners).

Checkout the <a href="http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/">CDC website</a> for more information about Swine Flu.

Back