Summer Programs for Elementary age kids

kayochan_IHB

I know that most South County elementary schools have summer camps on campus (at indiv. elementary sites). Do IUSD elementary schools have similar programs on elementary school sites?

[quote author="kayochan" date=1238585594]I know that most South County elementary schools have summer camps on campus (at indiv. elementary sites). Do IUSD elementary schools have similar programs on elementary school sites?</blockquote>

Yep, they sure do! Visit <a href="http://www.irvinesummerprograms.org/">"Irvine Summer Programs". </a>

I am also looking for a more than a 1/2 day program for my incoming Kinder son. I was especially interested in a Spanish language program but I can't seem to find anything except Lango and it's too far away for me. I think I may have to settle for a 1/2 day program either in Tustin or at the Discovery Science Center. If anyone knows of anything else, please let me know.

Now I'm answering my own question but Lango is opening a summer day camp program in Irvine this year. This is a full Spanish, Chinese or French immersion summer day camp offered for several weeks in the summer from either 9-12 or 9-3 with some before/after extended options. I have signed my son up for 4 weeks in July. It's a bit pricey but sounds like it will be worth it, it is held on a IUSD elementary campus.

[quote author="purpletulip" date=1240465236]Anyone knows a good baseball camp around Irvine?</blockquote>

Check this, although I don't know if it's good or not.

<a href="http://markcresse.com/divisions.htm">summer baseball camp in irvine</a>

[quote author="tmare" date=1240466159][quote author="purpletulip" date=1240465236]Anyone knows a good baseball camp around Irvine?</blockquote>

Check this, although I don't know if it's good or not.

<a href="http://markcresse.com/divisions.htm">summer baseball camp in irvine</a></blockquote>

The Cresse camp is the best around these parts. It's the real deal. Full day, lots of skills work, etc. They use high school coaches, college coaches and college players as teachers I believe. My son, although a smidge young for the camp, will probably doing a week or two this summer at Cresse. The Irvine camp is held at Uni.

<a href="http://www.ocbaseballcamp.com/minicamp.htm">Tim O'D has a camp at Tustin High School</a>. Instructors are not quite the caliber of the Cresse camp, but I have heard it's good for young ball players. The have 3-day per week mini-camps for 5-7 year olds...

There are also summer baseball camps put on by the <a href="http://www.pantherbaseballcamp.com/index.php">Chapman baseball team</a>.

[quote author="purpletulip" date=1240465236]Anyone knows a good baseball camp around Irvine?</blockquote>

Did your son end up at Pony tulip? T-Ball or Shetland?

[quote author="purpletulip" date=1239177743]These are only half day program. Are there other full day summer camps you can recommend? Thanks.</blockquote>

Check out the Irvine Spring Activity Guide. I was looking through it just now and thought of this thread. They are offering a ton of different varieties of summer camps, various time lengths but going up to 10.5 hours (wow, that would make for one tired kid.) Anyway hope this helps.

[quote author="purpletulip" date=1240468252]IPO, he was put in T-Ball. He got two great coaches, and he likes it a lot. Thanks for asking.</blockquote>

Good for him... Lots of good people at Pony.

My son has been "adopted" by a higher division team that has participation issues (he has a buddy on team) and has played two games now with them. He loves playing with the bigger/older kids and having pitched balls vs. the tee. Looks like we're going to do double-duty for the remainder of the season.

[quote author="ipoplaya" date=1240485596][quote author="purpletulip" date=1240468252]IPO, he was put in T-Ball. He got two great coaches, and he likes it a lot. Thanks for asking.</blockquote>

My son has been "adopted" by a higher division team that has participation issues (he has a buddy on team) and has played two games now with them. He loves playing with the bigger/older kids and having pitched balls vs. the tee. Looks like we're going to do double-duty for the remainder of the season.</blockquote>

Not envious of you and the double duty. The Little League Tee-Ball team mom job is driving me nuts right now. It's all worth it though, my son is having a great time. Just curious if the Pony league is as time intensive as the Little League. Between practices, games, fundraisers, Angels game, opening ceremonies, volunteer snack bar hours, etc.. I'm a bit shocked by what I got myself into.

[quote author="tmare" date=1240487040][quote author="ipoplaya" date=1240485596][quote author="purpletulip" date=1240468252]IPO, he was put in T-Ball. He got two great coaches, and he likes it a lot. Thanks for asking.</blockquote>

My son has been "adopted" by a higher division team that has participation issues (he has a buddy on team) and has played two games now with them. He loves playing with the bigger/older kids and having pitched balls vs. the tee. Looks like we're going to do double-duty for the remainder of the season.</blockquote>

Not envious of you and the double duty. The Little League Tee-Ball team mom job is driving me nuts right now. It's all worth it though, my son is having a great time. Just curious if the Pony league is as time intensive as the Little League. Between practices, games, fundraisers, Angels game, opening ceremonies, volunteer snack bar hours, etc.. I'm a bit shocked by what I got myself into.</blockquote>

Over the next 10 days we'll have 2-3 practices, 5 games (two games each of the next two Saturdays), and a homerun derby competition so there's quite a few hours there. I'm having a ton of fun with the coaching thing so I'm looking forward to lots of baseball over the next few weeks... Gives me an excuse to take off from work at a reasonable hour and spend some extra quality time with my son. I think I'll be sad when the season ends.

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1240473664][quote author="purpletulip" date=1239177743]These are only half day program. Are there other full day summer camps you can recommend? Thanks.</blockquote>

Check out the Irvine Spring Activity Guide. I was looking through it just now and thought of this thread. They are offering a ton of different varieties of summer camps, various time lengths but going up to 10.5 hours (wow, that would make for one tired kid.) Anyway hope this helps.</blockquote>

We registered our daugther (enter 1st grade in fall) in the Irvine iCamp --- we are using the one at Northwood Community Park, but they have them at all the big community parks. Full day programs at Northwood, Deerfield, and Las Lomas. I think it runs about $260/week for full time, but they have like three field trips each week. Looks like it will be a lot of fun for the kids.

<a href="http://www.cityofirvine.org/depts/cs/commparks/camps/icamps.asp">Link - Irvine iCamp</a>

Back