Summer Pre-K program

tmare_IHB

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for an academic pre-school or other program just for summer for kids going into Kindergarten in September. My son has been in pre-school for 2 years and went to Tustin Day Camp last summer, but I'm hoping to give him a little academic "boost" in preparation for Kindergarten.. Any suggestions? I live in Santa Ana but would be willing to drive for the right program.

My recommendation might be too far for you but here it is anyways.

Both of my children went to Montessori Children's House Edit(I wrote the wrong name before. I'ts NOT Greenhouse, the place I recommend is Montessori Children's House) in Cypress from age 3 to 1st grade. They offer a summer program from 9am-3pm but you can pay for additional hours if you need them.

The school is really one of a kind and will always hold a special place in my heart as some of my fondiest memories are from our time here. The head teacher and owner, Ms. Perrah, is probably one of the few pre-school teachers you will find with a PHD in education. She has absolute passion for knowledge that is infectous with the children. The school program is centered around learning. They have many fun events, field trips, etc. during the summer but they are NOT a day camp type program. One year we partnered with JPL to work with land rovers and make model earths with the children. Every year many alumni families gather at the school for events and stay contacted with the teachers even as their children leave and grow older. I highly recommend this school as I have deep respect & trust in Ms. Perrah.

Back