Studying for Broker Exam?

Hi, I'm about to study for the california broker exam and was curious if anyone had any recommendations for study material or do's or dont's?

Thanks.

[quote author="positivefour" date=1245316826]Thanks. I'm more looking for a good book or two to read, not neccesarily a course.</blockquote>

Unless you have completed all the proper coursework in California, you will not be allowed to take the test.

The best recent book about running a brokerage business is <a href="http://www.amazon.com/Millionaire-Real-Estate-Agent-Money-Its/dp/0071444041/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1245291744&sr=1-1">The Millionaire Real Estate Agent: It's Not About the Money...It's About Being the Best You Can Be!</a>

[quote author="positivefour" date=1245317017]I'm an attorney so I'm exempt from the coursework. Thanks.</blockquote>

Oh, that is different. <a href="http://www.retrainersca.com/BrokerCrashCourseLiveClass.html">Real Estate Trainers</a> has a crash course with a binder full of study materials and exam questions.

The absolute best thing you can do is take as many practice exams as possible. Buy the two or 3 books at the bookstore with the most practice exams in them and start taking them. With your background, you should be fine. Get yourself averaging 80% and you're ready.

--take your first one without doing any prior studying. You may be surprised with how well you do.

Memorize as many practice exams as possible.

I took the test a year ago and if you know all the practice exam answers you should be able to pass the exame

[quote author="positivefour" date=1245316826]Thanks. I'm more looking for a good book or two to read, not neccesarily a course.</blockquote>
Allied is the best and you can do it on line. If your looking for a book to read i question why you need a brokers license. Unless your opening your own shop or providing many different RE services a brokers license is not always worth it for the time and money and the legal obligation. I have been licensed over 20 years and i would never want to be a broker as the paperwork and all the crap brokers need to do just to business is a real pain.

Back