Straw Poll

Nude_IHB

This is just intended to get a vote count, not encourage debate or argument. Feel free to vote and NOT reply.

I was an Independent for years.

But after seeing Bush choke the life out of this country.

Now I am a Democrat. Go Obama.

[quote author="Astute Observer" date=1220402234]The default choice is Obama/Biden, and statistical normalizer should be used to counteract this bug in the php code to make the poll less bias....</blockquote>
I doubt bias will be an issue based on the default choice. This isn't a scientific poll, so we don't really need to worry about the statistical purity of the sample. I just wanted to see which way people were leaning on IHB.

[quote author="Nude" date=1220426991]wow...it's closer than I thought.</blockquote>
Yeah, this election will be very interesting.

I know it's not a scientific poll but we do seem to be missing options for "other", for example Barr, not going to vote etc...

[quote author="tmare" date=1220428421]I know it's not a scientific poll but we do seem to be missing options for "other", for example Barr, not going to vote etc...</blockquote>
I'm hoping that anyone who goes through the effort of reading a political thread on a blog will take the time and energy to vote.

The government is making it easier and easier for us to vote.

PLEASE take the time and do so.

We can even <a href="http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/elections_m.htm">vote by mail</a> now:

While I realize that it is easy to vote, on several sites I have seen people comment that they are choosing not to vote for President this year out of sheer disgust (mostly with the Republican party, but not all). I am sure there are still some undecideds out there too.

Here's the website for Orange County residents who want to <a href="http://www.ocvote.com/vote/permapp.htm">vote-by-mail</a> on a permanent basis.

[quote author="CalGal" date=1220431367]Here's the website for Orange County residents who want to <a href="http://www.ocvote.com/vote/permapp.htm">vote-by-mail</a> on a permanent basis.</blockquote>

I've done it for years. It's great. You don't, however, get the sticker.

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1220455294][quote author="CalGal" date=1220431367]Here's the website for Orange County residents who want to <a href="http://www.ocvote.com/vote/permapp.htm">vote-by-mail</a> on a permanent basis.</blockquote>

I've done it for years. It's great. You don't, however, get the sticker.</blockquote>
I've been doing it for the past few elections, and I agree - it's great.

I couldn't remember if I did a permanent one or just an absentee temporary ballet,

so I completed a new form last night and faxed it over.

Voting by mail is a nice feature.

No more waiting in lines before work. :)

I highly recommend it!

Color me old fashioned. I like to go stand in line (which are usually quick), chat with the neighbors, and really feel like I am participating in the process. The one time I did absentee, it felt more like paying a bill than voting.

I have to say, though, that I am really surprised that the whole "vote by mail" thing seems to not be a concern among those who are concerned with vote fraud. A voter could have died and the others in the household could fill it out for the decedent, or the ballot could be stolen from the mail. I think it takes a lot more guts (and effort) for someone to drive around town to different polling places, dealing with the elections officials, and signing in as someone else or filling out provisional ballots.

[quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1220484668]Color me old fashioned. I like to go stand in line (which are usually quick), chat with the neighbors, and really feel like I am participating in the process. The one time I did absentee, it felt more like paying a bill than voting.

I agree with you, Eva. We make family event out of it so the kids can see that it's important to us. We walk to the polling place and chat with the neighbors.

Yeah, just how will we Floridians screw up the vote this time

around?

So many competent women out there and he had to pick

an ignorant one (smart, but ignorant) who is cute. I used to rather

like McC.

Back