Straw poll on gay marriage

Crossing my fingers, Trooper, but I think you had better call in sick for the next shift... you might need a personal day.

Funny, so many of the right wingers call homosexuality a "sickness"......

So, perhaps I'll just "call in gay".

Nope, sorry.....can't come in today either......still gay.

<a href="http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/county/#CAI01p1">County by County results for Prop.8 from CNN</a>

Trooper, my wife and I are pretty shocked that the "Yes" side is ahead. I know it's frustrating beyond belief, but try to keep hope alive. This battle isn't over yet and the war is far from over.

So sorry, Troop. I guess there's still hope. At this point, I prefer to take pride in the fact that the results are significantly closer than they were the last time the issue was on the ballot. California is growing up, albeit slowly. Down, but not out, we'll get there someday. I think that someday will be sooner than anyone thinks. My biggest question now is, where do you (or we) go from here? How does this affect the recent marriages of our friends? Is there legal action ready to be filed? Lots of questions.

<em>At this point, I prefer to take pride in the fact that the results are significantly closer than they were the last time the issue was on the ballot. </em>

That "Horseshoes and Hand grenades" adage comes to mind.....

32% reporting.

Yes: 53.0%

No : 47.0%

unchanged.

On a side note, Bans on gay marriage in Arizona and Florida have passed, as has a ban on gays adopting and/or fostering children in Arkansas.

It is a bittersweet day for gay Americans.

Weird. CNN is projecting 8 to be defeated, basing it on exit polls. <a href="http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/04/state.laws/index.html">Story</a>

But the numbers they say are 53% against 8, and 47% for 8. Seems to me that they have the numbers reversed by mistake.

Oh, and actually Florida is too close to call per CNN.

Florida's ban on gay marriage passed by a huge margin 62% to 38%, don't know why CNN said a little while ago it was still being decided. 99% of precincts reporting.

49% reporting.

Yes : 52.6%

No : 47.4%

CNN is showing 53% of precincts reporting...52% yes, 48% no. That's 3,173,246 yes, 2,877,778 no.

Still too close to call..

59% reporting.

Yes : 52.4%

No : 47.6%

CNN still has it at 62% reporting with 3,558,333 yes and 3,244,460 no. A difference of 313,873 voters.

68% reporting.

Yes : 52.3%

No : 47.7%

CNN at 69%, still showing 52 to 48, 3,886,220 yes - 3,576,401 no = 309,819 voters

:down:

<a href="http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/county/#val=CAI01p3">Not looking good</a>

Keep your hopes up, love. The legal fight isn't over.

I just tallied the leftover "big" counties....Alameda and Santa Clara are the only ones in play that will give us positive votes from what I can tell. San Diego and Los Angeles are failing us, both of which I thought would have been in the "win" column.

San Bernardino and Riverside counties still have many votes to be counted, and they are beating 8 handily.

I have to say, I concede. It doesn't appear that it can be done.

:down:

Back