Stop this Irvine vs Johns Creek Comparison Crap

The Motor Court Company

James, stop the solicitation. since you deleted my post in the thread you started to promote your real estate business, I am starting my own. :)

James Park, Broker | MBA | Investor
email: jpark@homesofjohnscreek.com

Johns Creek Investment Partners LLC
GA DRE Broker License # H-65709
11555 Medlock Bridge, Suite 100,
Johns Creek GA 30097

let me see.

Cannot make it in California real estate => Blame not having a rich Dad or Uncle.
Need justification to move out => use the Lord's name in vain.
Business struggling in Johns Creek? Wife complaining about leaving family behind? Feels like an outcast in the new city? Twins struggling to grow up? => started a thread in Talk Irvine to promote business and seek justification.

Owner/starter of the thread can delete any post in the thread or the whole thread.

You can also delete your own posts.

I've talked to zovall about it but he's just leaving it as is.

irvinehomeowner said:
Owner/starter of the thread can delete any post in the thread or the whole thread.

You can also delete your own posts.

I've talked to zovall about it but he's just leaving it as is.
I did not know that and highly disagree with the policy.

Zovall,
You should reconsider this policy.  Only you should be able to delete posts.  Disagreements and discourse is the centerpiece of bulletin boards.  Frankly, the Johns Creek threads seem like Spam and clutters the board and is of interest to virtually nobody on TI.  JMHO.

Facebook has killed many discussion/comment section of several sites I've frequented. OCRegister's online comments died instantly.

Anonymity helps foster discussion... it may also help foster flames too... but it's been actually pretty civil here for the last 3 years.

I don't even have a Facebook account, so my post count would go to zero immediately.

My biggest issue is that the content that the members post have value, and if someone removes that by deleting an entire thread or even a single post, that devalues this site. It also causes confusion in threads as pieces of the conversation are missing (PatStar did that quite a bit, deleted his own posts when he got to a certain count, so people got into the habit of quoting him to preserve his PatStarisms).

Unless they are highly offensive or plain rude/mean, threads/posts should not be deleted by either the person who starts the thread or the mod/admin.  I for one don't mind Panda's posts/thread about John's Creek.  If you aren't interested, then don't go in the thread.  That being said, I don't think Panda should be selectively deleting posts in there that he doesn't agree with because it leaves a bad taste in people's mouth. 

I do not post on any public forum with facebook logins. I have a unique name and don't really want my posts googleable.

paperboyNC said:
bones said:
is panda a site supporter/sponsor?

Not according to the site supporter list.

Yea I didn't think so.  At this point, I think he's clearly soliciting business... I mean he signs every post with his signature, RE license #, etc.  At least pay up if you're going to spam us with your Johns Creek nonsense.

bones said:
Yea I didn't think so.  At this point, I think he's clearly soliciting business... I mean he signs every post with his signature, RE license #, etc.  At least pay up if you're going to spam us with your Johns Creek nonsense.

I guess it's a sign that the admins don't consider him soliciting business because no one is foolish enough to give up Irvine for humid Georgia unless they were going to move anyways for a job.

>> The Man, The Boy, and The Donkey <<

998942_569430606426018_1371901709_n.jpg

Zovall should refuse to carry the donkey.

less about society, more about following best practices of leading forums.  i personally dont understand why be able to delete any threads and why be able to delete or edit a post months later

irvinehomeowner. said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Since we're nitpicking, I also don't like the ability to change usernames... yes... I'm looking at you Homie.

You hurt my feelings IHO.. I may just leave this forum forever! :'(
:eek:
Had to quote before it changes back.  :D

Back