stoneridge and canyon crest mission viejo

dethman_IHB

anyone have any experience or thoughts about these communities in mission viejo? i found a few properties in them to be my liking, didnt realize there were a few newer homes down in ol' MV. it's a bit of a trek from the 5, but it seems like a nice area, and adjacent to mission viejo lake. the power substation on alicia and olympiad and the various high tension lines are a bit of a distractor however. any one live in the area or used to? would be interested in schools in the capistrano valley district and shopping/restaurants in the area...

[quote author="dethman" date=1256113184]anyone have any experience or thoughts about these communities in mission viejo? i found a few properties in them to be my liking, didnt realize there were a few newer homes down in ol' MV. it's a bit of a trek from the 5, but it seems like a nice area, and adjacent to mission viejo lake. the power substation on alicia and olympiad and the various high tension lines are a bit of a distractor however. any one live in the area or used to? would be interested in schools in the capistrano valley district and shopping/restaurants in the area...</blockquote>
I viewed a few homes in the area with a few buyers. It's actually not too far of a drive from the 5 on Alicia. The prices seem very reasonable compares at around $250-$260/sf. I knew that there were newer homes near MV Lake but never been over there until recently. Did you get a chance to view the REO on Sweetmeadow? I like how the communities are gated and if you don't have a home with a view of the lake then you don't have to deal with the power lines.

I live down that way and yes, the area is quite nice. I know of some people who live behind the gates and they love it. The homes are gorgeous. Yes, the power lines are a bit disconcerting - especially with so many concerns recently over electical impulses on our health. Anyway, great area - very peaceful and quiet other than the fire station being there. Lots of people trek through for their morning/evening walk/jog. The gates get a little backed up at times, but it doesn't appear to be too intrusive. Good luck!

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1256118891][quote author="dethman" date=1256113184]anyone have any experience or thoughts about these communities in mission viejo? i found a few properties in them to be my liking, didnt realize there were a few newer homes down in ol' MV. it's a bit of a trek from the 5, but it seems like a nice area, and adjacent to mission viejo lake. the power substation on alicia and olympiad and the various high tension lines are a bit of a distractor however. any one live in the area or used to? would be interested in schools in the capistrano valley district and shopping/restaurants in the area...</blockquote>
I viewed a few homes in the area with a few buyers. It's actually not too far of a drive from the 5 on Alicia. The prices seem very reasonable compares at around $250-$260/sf. I knew that there were newer homes near MV Lake but never been over there until recently. Did you get a chance to view the REO on Sweetmeadow? I like how the communities are gated and if you don't have a home with a view of the lake then you don't have to deal with the power lines.</blockquote>

no, i didn't get to see that one, i had seen the listing but it seemed awfully close to the high tension power lines. i'm sure the emf is low, but they're just sort of an eyesore. area would be ideal otherwise, trying to judge if the lines/substation will be a big deal, enough to prevent me from making an offer on another property...

[quote author="dethman" date=1256113184]anyone have any experience or thoughts about these communities in mission viejo? i found a few properties in them to be my liking, didnt realize there were a few newer homes down in ol' MV. it's a bit of a trek from the 5, but it seems like a nice area, and adjacent to mission viejo lake. the power substation on alicia and olympiad and the various high tension lines are a bit of a distractor however. any one live in the area or used to? would be interested in schools in the capistrano valley district and shopping/restaurants in the area...</blockquote>

the houses in Canyon Crest is nice but the association dues along with the lake fees comes up to over $300 a month. A bit steep but I guess thatis the price you pay for having a guard at the main gate.

overall though my wife and I are considering the area but it is not the top pick of where we want to live.

[quote author="davenlei" date=1256131474][quote author="dethman" date=1256113184]anyone have any experience or thoughts about these communities in mission viejo? i found a few properties in them to be my liking, didnt realize there were a few newer homes down in ol' MV. it's a bit of a trek from the 5, but it seems like a nice area, and adjacent to mission viejo lake. the power substation on alicia and olympiad and the various high tension lines are a bit of a distractor however. any one live in the area or used to? would be interested in schools in the capistrano valley district and shopping/restaurants in the area...</blockquote>

the houses in Canyon Crest is nice but the association dues along with the lake fees comes up to over $300 a month. A bit steep but I guess thatis the price you pay for having a guard at the main gate.

overall though my wife and I are considering the area but it is not the top pick of where we want to live.</blockquote>

Visit the club house in CC. I'm pretty sure a good chunk of the association dues go towards that as well. I haven't visited it for awhile but their gym has always been great as well as their pools, tennis courts, and bball courts. Also the maintenance of the landscape and roads probably take up a good amount as well.

I grew up there, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

[quote author="25inIrvine" date=1256167139][quote author="davenlei" date=1256131474][quote author="dethman" date=1256113184]anyone have any experience or thoughts about these communities in mission viejo? i found a few properties in them to be my liking, didnt realize there were a few newer homes down in ol' MV. it's a bit of a trek from the 5, but it seems like a nice area, and adjacent to mission viejo lake. the power substation on alicia and olympiad and the various high tension lines are a bit of a distractor however. any one live in the area or used to? would be interested in schools in the capistrano valley district and shopping/restaurants in the area...</blockquote>

overall though my wife and I are considering the area but it is not the top pick of where we want to live.</blockquote>

Visit the club house in CC. I'm pretty sure a good chunk of the association dues go towards that as well. I haven't visited it for awhile but their gym has always been great as well as their pools, tennis courts, and bball courts. Also the maintenance of the landscape and roads probably take up a good amount as well.

I grew up there, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.</blockquote>

I currently am staying one street over from the lake (the monster lakefront homes are behind the house I am in) temporarily until I land my next house. So having lived in CC, what are your thoughts of the amenities behind the gates? Are there a lot of small kids that live there? My kids are very young and I do not want them growing up in a neighborhood devoid of little kids like the house I am at now. What is your opinion of the schools that are assigned to that community? API scores only tell one side of the story.

the $300 hoa does seem a bit steep, but they do have some nice amenities there. a bit less, $200 across alicia at stoneridge but no common area.

were those high tension lines put up recently? or have they always been there?

i too am interested in the schools...barcelona and castille elementary, newhart middle school, and capo valley high school.

Back