Stonegate shooting

Irvineshopper

From LA Times
"A man has been hospitalized following an officer-involved shooting Tuesday morning in a residential neighborhood in Irvine, police said.

The man's condition was not known.

The shooting in the 1100 block of Crested Bird occurred at about 10:40 a.m., said Sgt. Scott McClellan with the Irvine Police Department.
No officers were injured in the shooting, McClellan said.

There was no additional information on the man who was shot or what prompted the incident."

I guess the low income housing in Stonegate does bring trouble.  I guess he was being served a warrant for child molestation.  Scary thing is that the picture on the news is the cops are at one of the community parks.  A child molester living near a community park in Stonegate apartments.  Don't know if low income housing , but could be

The shooting broke out about 10:40 a.m. in the parking lot near the leasing office of the new Doria apartment complex in 1100 block of Crested Bird, according to Irvine Police Lt. Julia Engen.
http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2013/09/irvine_officer_involved_shooti.php

Orange County MHSA Housing
Safe, affordable housing is a basic need in all of our lives, and it is essential to individuals and their families who are working on recovery from serious mental illness.

Doria at Stonegate

I'm surprised that California Court hasn't come here and said everybody is just jealous that they don't get to live next to the criminally-insane as he does.

Can someone explain to me why having low income housing right next door (literally) to high income housing is a good idea for society?  I really would like to know the reasons and if it really does solve any issues.  Thanks.

ak said:
Can someone explain to me why having low income housing right next door (literally) to high income housing is a good idea for society?  I really would like to know the reasons and if it really does solve any issues.  Thanks.

It's called MULTICULTURALISM

1234440_509491995793551_1969307147_n.png

ak said:

It allows people with lesser means to access educational and social benefits of a well to do area like Irvine.

test said:
ak said:

It's called MULTICULTURALISM

That seems pretty racist.

Irvinecommuter said:
ak said:

It allows people with lesser means to access educational and social benefits of a well to do area like Irvine.

If that is the case, why doesn't Laguna Beach or Newport Coast or every well to do area have low income housing? 

ak said:
Irvinecommuter said:
ak said:

If that is the case, why doesn't Laguna Beach or Newport Coast or every well to do area have low income housing?

They do...it's a HUD requirement.  Irvine did this after lots of kicking and screaming.
http://www.newportbeachca.gov/index.aspx?page=1686

ak said:

No need to explain. All you need to know is that it is working. Irvine is well known for having a great public school system and yet, look how many low income housing exists within the city.

test said:
Irvinecommuter said:
That seems pretty racist.

liberal-progressives-shout-racism.jpg

No...you presume that mixing individuals with various economic levels would create "multiculturalism" where previously there was not.  This would presume that rich areas are of certain races while poor people are of other races. 

I'm sure it's surprising to you but there are "rich people" of various races and "poor people" of various races.

Low income housing allows for people of a variety of income level to be together, not necessary a group of different races.  It certainly doesn't mean that a group of different races didn't exist in the area prior to low income housing.

I am also not sure what "argument" or "opposition" you are referring to.  Are you saying that low income housing results in Irvine becoming Compton?

Irvinecommuter said:
It certainly doesn't mean that a group of different races didn't exist in the area prior to low income housing.

C'mon, we all know there were no black people in irvine before the low income housing was set up

Back