Stonegate - San Marcos Model home pictures

Was over at San Marcos this afternoon registering a buyer and I snapped a picture of the sales board.  Out of all the iPac developments, this one seems to be selling the best.

Attachments

• San Marcos.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 417
USCTrojanCPA said:
Was over at San Marcos this afternoon registering a buyer and I snapped a picture of the sales board.  Out of all the iPac developments, this one seems to be selling the best.

usc, have you signed anyone up at san mateo?  at the risk of sounding like i'm promoting the community i bought (i really am not)... san mateo is in it's 5th phase and has roughly 5 homes left (as of 1 week ago)... if san marcos releases 6 at a time, that would mean they are in their 4th phase and what looks like 6 homes left... so san mateo has sold 7 more in the same time as san marcos... which makes sense, san mateo homes are smaller and start at a lower price point.

villagepeople said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

usc, have you signed anyone up at san mateo?  at the risk of sounding like i'm promoting the community i bought (i really am not)... san mateo is in it's 5th phase and has roughly 5 homes left (as of 1 week ago)... if san marcos releases 6 at a time, that would mean they are in their 4th phase and what looks like 6 homes left... so san mateo has sold 7 more in the same time as san marcos... which makes sense, san mateo is smaller homes and start at a lower price point.
I only have one buyer who signed up at San Mateo (haven't been over there in a while).  It's not surprising that those units are selling quickly given the lower price points which hit the sweet spot of the market. 

villagepeople said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

usc, have you signed anyone up at san mateo?  at the risk of sounding like i'm promoting the community i bought (i really am not)... san mateo is in it's 5th phase and has roughly 5 homes left (as of 1 week ago)... if san marcos releases 6 at a time, that would mean they are in their 4th phase and what looks like 6 homes left... so san mateo has sold 7 more in the same time as san marcos... which makes sense, san mateo homes are smaller and start at a lower price point.

Village People,

Have you moved in already? If so how is it? I remember the first phase was June move in?

LL

villagepeople said:
LookieLucy said:
Village People,

Have you moved in already? If so how is it? I remember the first phase was June move in?

LL

no, not yet, i'm moving in at the end of the month.
Congrats, do you mind me asking which loan program you'll be going with?

USCTrojanCPA said:
villagepeople said:
LookieLucy said:
Village People,

LL

thanks,

as for the loan, i had to go with b of a because the penfed people didn't get back to me in time.. (the builder wanted a du approval within 45 days of "completion date") and penfed took 10 days to get back to me which put me right at 46 days... i may have continued with them, but as slow as it took to get back to me to start, i didn't feel comfortable going with them.  i got a 10/1, 4.25%, no points, $1500 credit, 45 day lock (at the time rates were floating up... now i try not to look at rates... lol), the 30 year was at 4.875% and the 7/1 was 4.0 (i thought the 7/1 would price better than that)...   

villagepeople said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
villagepeople said:
LookieLucy said:
Village People,

LL

thanks,

as for the loan, i had to go with b of a because the penfed people didn't get back to me in time.. (the builder wanted a du approval within 45 days of "completion date") and penfed took 10 days to get back to me which put me right at 46 days... i may have continued with them, but as slow as it took to get back to me to start, i didn't feel comfortable going with them.  i got a 10/1, 4.25%, no points, $1500 credit, 45 day lock (at the time rates were floating up... now i try not to look at rates... lol), the 30 year was at 4.875% and the 7/1 was 4.0 (i thought the 7/1 would price better than that)...   
Unfortunately BofA doesn't have very good pricing.  I love PenFed's 5/5 ARM but I too am concerned about their turn around time.  I'd give them a call and see how long your loan has to be seasoned before they'd consider doing a refi...that way you aren't under the gun.

villagepeople said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Do you know when is the move in date for San Mateo 5th phase?
When will they start selling 6th phase???
By any chance do you know which phase will give best location??? I'd like to get the one with next to the park or at least one at the corner...
How do you pick the best location anyway??? I guess the ones between other units are bad because of noise concerns and shades???

And mind if I ask why you picked San Mateo over others???

Also, the price difference between plan 1 and plan 2 is only 10K and their size is about the same... I don't understand why there is price difference and what's the actual difference other than price???

thelinux said:
villagepeople said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

By any chance do you know which phase will give best location??? I'd like to get the one with next to the park or at least one at the corner...
How do you pick the best location anyway??? I guess the ones between other units are bad because of noise concerns and shades???

Also, the price difference between plan 1 and plan 2 is only 10K and their size is about the same... I don't understand why there is price difference and what's the actual difference other than price???

To be perfectly honest, I like Plan 1 more than Plan 2 in some ways.  The not-so-great room is at least set up like a proper one, with 3 walls.  Also, the laundry room is more traditional.  Check the floorplan to see what I mean.

I'd have to stick a corner entertainment center in Plan 2, but that could work.  Then I could still get a sectional sofa and la-z-boy combo.

But yes, as modeled, Plan 1 is in between the other two plans in the motorcourt.  Plan 2 is at the end, Plan 3 is at the beginning near the real street.

The differences aren't that significant.  Then again, neither is the price difference.  See, when they transitioned these plan over from Los Altos in SGE, there was a larger difference between Plan 1 and Plan 2 because Plan 1 only had two bedrooms.  They added a third bedroom for San Mateo's Plan 1...explaining the similarity.

All in all I think San Mateo is a value winner, even compared to similarly sized offerings in PS...which are also on motorcourts and are not much less pricewise...while carrying higher MR and HOA.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Sevilla and Primrose Plan 1's are probably the closest comps and they both have dual HOA and (at least marginally) higher MR.  I'm pretty sure it brings the difference in monthly payments with 20% down to relative equality.

shadax said:
thelinux said:
villagepeople said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

To be perfectly honest, I like Plan 1 more than Plan 2 in some ways.  The not-so-great room is at least set up like a proper one, with 3 walls.  Also, the laundry room is more traditional.  Check the floorplan to see what I mean.

I'd have to stick a corner entertainment center in Plan 2, but that could work.  Then I could still get a sectional sofa and la-z-boy combo.

But yes, as modeled, Plan 1 is in between the other two plans in the motorcourt.  Plan 2 is at the end, Plan 3 is at the beginning near the real street.

The differences aren't that significant.  Then again, neither is the price difference.  See, when they transitioned these plan over from Los Altos in SGE, there was a larger difference between Plan 1 and Plan 2 because Plan 1 only had two bedrooms.  They added a third bedroom for San Mateo's Plan 1...explaining the similarity.

All in all I think San Mateo is a value winner, even compared to similarly sized offerings in PS...which are also on motorcourts and are not much less pricewise...while carrying higher MR and HOA.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Sevilla and Primrose Plan 1's are probably the closest comps and they both have dual HOA and (at least marginally) higher MR.  I'm pretty sure it brings the difference in monthly payments with 20% down to relative equality.

Oh, I now see what you mean... Plan 2's great room has only 3 proper walls. But I really need corner unit so I guess I have to give up plan  1.  :(
I was looking at a condo in north park priced at 590K. I thought I was going to save a lot on HOA and MR if I buy in north park then I found out that San Mateo has similar tax+HOA so I better buy a new detached condo here.

thelinux said:
shadax said:
thelinux said:
villagepeople said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Oh, I now see what you mean... Plan 2's great room has only 3 proper walls. But I really need corner unit so I guess I have to give up plan  1.  :(
I was looking at a condo in north park priced at 590K. I thought I was going to save a lot on HOA and MR if I buy in north park then I found out that San Mateo has similar tax+HOA so I better buy a new detached condo here.

Despite the hangups I have with Plan 2, they are workable.  For instance, the laundry room could actually function a little better than Plan 1's if you opt to have a stackable w/d in one side and the storage in the other side.  It is modeled that way at Siena in Laguna Altura and I liked it...

As for the improper great room in Plan 2...I have kind of a solution.  I would NOT set up the TV as modeled.

295dcfk.jpg

Note:  I realize that the corners of the entertainment center are cut off, but I believe a corner unit fit for a 50" LCD would go nicely there.  Also, my dining table would be pushed up against the wall, that side's chair eliminated.  Actually, the other "head" chair would only be there as needed, creating the maximum walkway  between the island and the table in most situations.  And of course...the chair in the great room would be a swivel-rocker-recliner :)

thelinux said:
... the first three questions i don't have an answer too, for the ones i do... answered inline...

How do you pick the best location anyway???

- although i want to be close to the pool and park i don't want to be right next the pool or park, it can get loud (based on the last few years of renting).. also there are gates right by a few of the houses... i wouldn't want those... the main street (pendant) is sloped, and the grade is in the backyards, i prefer being on the higher side of the slope... that's just some of the things that

I guess the ones between other units are bad because of noise concerns and shades???

i got a plan 1... for some of the reasons you talk about... the laundry room layout, 2 walls for the tv, and the storage closet access from the hallway instead of the bathroom... and 10k less (compared to plan 2) was the main reason... 10k more to be by the wall or by the street was not worth it for me.

for a year i looked at resale... but at the time.. nothing in irvine was available at that price for a newer detached... (granted i wanted to stay closer to 500k when i looked at resale) and in aliso, everything seemed to be a short sale... i made a dozen offers... all to no avail.. as for new, it was between primrose and sevilla... monthly nut it's about the same, schools are the same... so in the end it was the stonegate location and the layout of san mateo vs the other two...

with plan 2 you get an "end unit"... i guess that's what they think an end unit is worth.

villagepeople said:
thelinux said:
... the first three questions i don't have an answer too, for the ones i do... answered inline...

- although i want to be close to the pool and park i don't want to be right next the pool or park, it can get loud (based on the last few years of renting).. also there are gates right by a few of the houses... i wouldn't want those... the main street (pendant) is sloped, and the grade is in the backyards, i prefer being on the higher side of the slope... that's just some of the things that

I guess the ones between other units are bad because of noise concerns and shades???

i got a plan 1... for some of the reasons you talk about... the laundry room layout, 2 walls for the tv, and the storage closet access from the hallway instead of the bathroom... and 10k less (compared to plan 2) was the main reason... 10k more to be by the wall or by the street was not worth it for me.

for a year i looked at resale... but at the time.. nothing in irvine was available at that price for a newer detached... (granted i wanted to stay closer to 500k when i looked at resale) and in aliso, everything seemed to be a short sale... i made a dozen offers... all to no avail.. as for new, it was between primrose and sevilla... monthly nut it's about the same, schools are the same... so in the end it was the stonegate location and the layout of san mateo vs the other two...

with plan 2 you get an "end unit"... i guess that's what they think an end unit is worth.

So what upgrade did you get? Or how much are you going to spend an upgrade?
Can you tell me what will be the final total cost to own this home?
I can probably spend upto 600k for evrything but i am not sure if its enough...

thelinux said:
villagepeople said:
thelinux said:

i didn't get any upgrades other than what they had already chosen (first 3 phases had upgrades included)... they added stuff like ceiling fan and speaker pre-wire, added the door for the master bath... stuff i would have gotten anyway... upgrades added < 3k to the base price for me, my total came in shy of 562k...

i would think 600k is enough, even if you got a bunch of upgrades.

villagepeople said:
thelinux said:
villagepeople said:
thelinux said:

i didn't get any upgrades other than what they had already chosen (first 3 phases had upgrades included)... they added stuff like ceiling fan and speaker pre-wire, added the door for the master bath... stuff i would have gotten anyway... upgrades added < 3k to the base price for me, my total came in shy of 562k...

So I can buy one without any upgrades? I thought you have to buy some certain upgrades...
Your base price was then about 530K ???
Their current base price is 560K for plan 1 and 570K for plan 2. I thought the home price is going down these days....

thelinux said:
villagepeople said:
thelinux said:
villagepeople said:
thelinux said:

So I can buy one without any upgrades? I thought you have to buy some certain upgrades...
Your base price was then about 530K ???
Their current base price is 560K for plan 1 and 570K for plan 2. I thought the home price is going down these days....

i think you read that wrong.. my upgrades came to less than 3,000... base price was 559,000... prices haven't moved up much.. but i do believe base price is now 562k.

hey there linux
was there at stonegate couple weeks ago.
no, no one is going to co-erce you into buying any upgrades whatsoever. its totally up to you.
just know that if you are going to get upgrades through the builder, your property tax is going to be counted from the final purchase price + upgrades, not just the purchase price.

typical upgrades one will get is for flooring because they usually only give you regular carpet  or economical tile and cheap vinyl in the kitchen. also, you will have no "california room" until you put some pavers/flooring in - they will only grade it for you (ie. dirt). also, the paint will be regular white paint.

estimates for me will be (decent to good wood flooring = 20K, brick paving, landscaping = 20K, designer paint throughout = 4K) to move in to start. other upgrades can be done later. of course, factor in a fridge, furniture, window treatments etc . I would not do it through the builder, except perhaps some low cost items like paint. They dont do pavers and lanscaping anyways, last I checked

Back