Stonegate or Cypress Village?

That question cannot be answered without knowing your preferences and priorities.  Like all communities, there are pros and cons for both. 

It also depends on what level of homes you are looking at.

Had the opportunity at a Magnolia Residence 2 vs Saratoga Residence 1.

I liked the Magnolia home more, other than concern with proximity to the freeway + price. I mean the home itself is "larger" than a 4 bd in Saratoga, but with the prices as high as they were for Magnolia 860 ish. I ended up going with the Saratoga for a few reasons. I couldn't justify the larger house given my living situation etc. I believe that the home in Stonegate is going to be a little quieter and is an entry level 4 bedroom home that I believe will be in demand in the future as shoppers look for that desired down stairs bedroom.

I'll look to upgrade in a few years.

Personally, I like the location of CV given its a bit closer to central Irvine, but I do have some concern with the close proximity to the freeway.

Bennyboy said:

I liked the Magnolia home more, other than concern with proximity to the freeway + price. I mean the home itself is "larger" than a 4 bd in Saratoga, but with the prices as high as they were for Magnolia 860 ish. I ended up going with the Saratoga for a few reasons. I couldn't justify the larger house given my living situation etc. I believe that the home in Stonegate is going to be a little quieter and is an entry level 4 bedroom home that I believe will be in demand in the future as shoppers look for that desired down stairs bedroom.

Personally, I like the location of CV given its a bit closer to central Irvine, but I do have some concern with the close proximity to the freeway.

We are in Saratoga 2 and got in before CV opened.  But given the choice, I would have still picked Saratoga.  We like Stonegate more as it is further away from the freeway and not as crowded as CV.  The traffic buildup near the freeway on Jeffrey is quite annoying with the shopping center and the bizillion lights is already annoying on the weekends.  I cannot imagine what it would be like when Jeffrey Trails opens.  We also like that the elementary school close by. 

As far as specific homes, Magnolia 1 was okay but way way overpriced.  It is also a 3 bedroom/2.5 as opposed to a 4 bedroom/4 baths in Saratoga.  Saratoga doesn't have a driveway but the price difference is just too great.  Magnolia 1 is comparable to Mendocino pricewise but Mendocino is a SFR and slightly bigger.

Hmm.. you still have to pass through the lights on Jeffrey or Sand Canyon to get to Stonegate...I would say that you have to pass through more lights to get to Stonegate

However I do not like CV because of proximity to Freeway...too close!  I live in Portola Springs which is also close to freeway which I do not like but I had other considerations that eventually won over..

Irvinecommuter said:
Bennyboy said:

We are in Saratoga 2 and got in before CV opened.  But given the choice, I would have still picked Saratoga.  We like Stonegate more as it is further away from the freeway and not as crowded as CV.  The traffic buildup near the freeway on Jeffrey is quite annoying with the shopping center and the bizillion lights is already annoying on the weekends.  I cannot imagine what it would be like when Jeffrey Trails opens.  We also like that the elementary school close by. 

As far as specific homes, Magnolia 1 was okay but way way overpriced.  It is also a 3 bedroom/2.5 as opposed to a 4 bedroom/4 baths in Saratoga.  Saratoga doesn't have a driveway but the price difference is just too great.  Magnolia 1 is comparable to Mendocino pricewise but Mendocino is a SFR and slightly bigger.

socaltrojan81 said:
Hmm.. you still have to pass through the lights on Jeffrey or Sand Canyon to get to Stonegate...I would say that you have to pass through more lights to get to Stonegate

However I do not like CV because of proximity to Freeway...too close!  I live in Portola Springs which is also close to freeway which I do not like but I had other considerations that eventually won over..

Irvinecommuter said:
Bennyboy said:

I have to pass through it but the traffic won't clog up near my house.  Also, I can go Sand Canyon side. 

I'm still waiting for my house to be built so I won't know about traffic etc. I'm currently living in Columbus Grove and while I do like the location, I am sorta upgrading to a detached product.
Irvinecommuter, I like you weighed the options between CV and SG. You're spot on in my books about pricing in CV being too high. After having gone through magnolia and their models. I feel like if I'm gonna spend that much I think I would have rather gone to Mendocino in a SFR. Actually come to think of it, I had opportunities in LA at San Remo and Siena that I would select over CV.

I did get a sense of serenity and peacefulness out in Saratoga that hopefully stays that way in a year or so.

Commuter- are you seeing much traffic during those "get to work and after work hours"?

Freeway close is one thing- CV has actual stop lights and large industrial/utilitarian lamp post within its village boundaries. Driving through CV for the first time,  the stop lights had me expecting to see Jeffrey, Sand Canyon, or South Coast Plaza around the next corner. I don't think there are many instances where this occurs in an Irvine Village. Yale in Woodbridge,  Portola Parkway in PS... . But these villages are at least twice the size of CV. I would guess it would have to do with future JT middle school traffic.

Whats kind of cool about CV is the pedestrian bridge they are building on JOST over to the Woodbury side of JOST. Makes a cool extended uninterrupted walking/ biking trail to all the amenities in Woodbury. Not sure if there is going to be a bridge over Irvine Blvd to Stonegate. 

If you're north of Roosevelt in CV, it's actually not that close to the freeway.  I've lived on the north side of Roosevelt, and I've only heard a faint sound of the freeway late at night.  I believe the only area where the freeway would bother me would be south of Roosevelt, which is mostly the apartments and the elementary school.  With that said, the general location of CV is more convenient than SG.  SG seems like it's on the edge of the boonies. 

With construction currently on Sand Canyon and the 5, I take the toll road to get on the 5 or 405 to save my sanity.  Jeffrey is very bad from Bryant to the 5, so CV is situated pretty much right where traffic gets a little better.  I hate the lights on Bryant, Hideaway, Trabuco, Grove and Roosevelt, they seems to be always red.

With regards to price, I don't think CV is more expensive, it's just the current market bubbling up.  Saratoga would probably be priced the same as CV if they were introduced at the same time.  Saratoga is already ~10% more than San Macros was being about the same size and configuration.

Bennyboy said:
I'm still waiting for my house to be built so I won't know about traffic etc. I'm currently living in Columbus Grove and while I do like the location, I am sorta upgrading to a detached product.
Irvinecommuter, I like you weighed the options between CV and SG. You're spot on in my books about pricing in CV being too high. After having gone through magnolia and their models. I feel like if I'm gonna spend that much I think I would have rather gone to Mendocino in a SFR. Actually come to think of it, I had opportunities in LA at San Remo and Siena that I would select over CV.

I did get a sense of serenity and peacefulness out in Saratoga that hopefully stays that way in a year or so.

Commuter- are you seeing much traffic during those "get to work and after work hours"?

I haven't moved in yet so I can't tell you but it's pretty quiet on the weekends.  Of course SG and Saratoga only half built out.

socaltrojan81 said:

8)

Bennyboy said:

Btw - did you get any upgrades? If so, what did you get?

Bennyboy said:

Besides of freeway i wonder if railroad is a concern. After I walked out of the Mulberry model homes in awe (they even put a custom fridge in the model home). I was stunned by the horn of a train... I mean train noise for a million dollar home? While it's not that logical as the railroad is on south of freeway 5, I guess I'm just too tired that day.

eyephone said:
Bennyboy said:

I didn't spring for too many upgrades. I ended up going with the Conservatory for the additional Sq ft. I'm gonna put my office desk and make it my office.
I also got the whole home insulation for a little less than $1000. I thought it to be ridiculous how it does not come standard. The home I live in now didn't come with it and I regret it.
The only other piece i upgraded was the prewire to have hanging ceiling fans in every bedroom.

I plan to upgrade the home with new flooring and paint once I get the keys. I'm not sure what else I might do before moving in, but I didn't find most of the upgrades to be worth while. There are some that are cool and I wish I would spend the money, but I just don't find them to be a wise investment. If i did do others I'd look at the launch pad near the garage. The overhanging storage in master bathroom. Medicine cabinets (I got just one in the master bath), and the double mirror in the master closet.

I could easily upgrade this house and spend an extra 50k, but not part of my agenda at this point.

Bennyboy said:
eyephone said:
Bennyboy said:

I didn't spring for too many upgrades. I ended up going with the Conservatory for the additional Sq ft. I'm gonna put my office desk and make it my office.
I also got the whole home insulation for a little less than $1000. I thought it to be ridiculous how it does not come standard. The home I live in now didn't come with it and I regret it.
The only other piece i upgraded was the prewire to have hanging ceiling fans in every bedroom.

I plan to upgrade the home with new flooring and paint once I get the keys. I'm not sure what else I might do before moving in, but I didn't find most of the upgrades to be worth while. There are some that are cool and I wish I would spend the money, but I just don't find them to be a wise investment. If i did do others I'd look at the launch pad near the garage. The overhanging storage in master bathroom. Medicine cabinets (I got just one in the master bath), and the double mirror in the master closet.

I could easily upgrade this house and spend an extra 50k, but not part of my agenda at this point.

Good boy!!

Just call me Bart. Following in your footsteps lol.

You looking at something in Saratoga? They just got approved for like an additional 90 some houses.

Bennyboy said:
Just call me Bart. Following in your footsteps lol.

You looking at something in Saratoga? They just got approved for like an additional 90 some houses.
Homer is a baller and already bought a larger TIC home.

Back