Stonegate - future tract?

dliberty

Hi!

We are waiting (feels like forever) to buy in San Mateo and wanted to find out what the area marked in red below will be. Future houses? Park? School? Apartment community? I'm trying to determine if there are any risks / downsides with houses adjacent to that area. I realize there will be some construction at some point, but I'm more concerned about post-construction issues or sources of noise...

Thanks!

Attachments

• stonegateq.png
    stonegateq.png
    823.7 KB · Views: 292
I heard they are going to turn that area into an overflow/waiting area for Waste Management trucks when Sand Canyon and the Bee Canyon access road are backed up

Seriously though it is houses of some sort. Premium location within stonegate, so naturally expect something on a motor court with a hefty premium for locale. There is a detailed post somewhere on these boards with city planning documents attached. Just dig a little

I think the Mendocino/Maricopa locations are more premium... furthest from major streets and walking distance to Elem and central park/pool.

irvinehomeowner said:
I think the Mendocino/Maricopa locations are more premium... furthest from major streets and walking distance to Elem and central park/pool.

Then again, look at Woodbury. They placed their Juliet Balcony homes (largest homes) along the Jeffrey Trail. Maybe TIC will place luxury SFR homes in that location.

I could have sworn I remember reading back in 2008 that Stonegate was suppose to be like Tustin Fields and be subsidized housing for low income.

Pretty crazy to think now they are supporting million dollar homes

irvinedreaming said:
Hi!

We are waiting (feels like forever) to buy in San Mateo and wanted to find out what the area marked in red below will be. Future houses? Park? School? Apartment community? I'm trying to determine if there are any risks / downsides with houses adjacent to that area. I realize there will be some construction at some point, but I'm more concerned about post-construction issues or sources of noise...

Thanks!

I heard Steven Choi is going to build the biggest KUMON ever in this space to support the math and high SAT score dreams of all the Asian kids in Woodbury and Stonegate.

it turns out the affordable housing, or "bonus" housing is now built in Cypress Village. I heard there is an uproar from NWP parents because CV currently is zoned to Canyon View and they don't like their kids befriend with S8 or apartment kids.

broda said:
I could have sworn I remember reading back in 2008 that Stonegate was suppose to be like Tustin Fields and be subsidized housing for low income.

The Motor Court Company said:
it turns out the affordable housing, or "bonus" housing is now built in Cypress Village. I heard there is an uproar from NWP parents because CV currently is zoned to Canyon View and they don't like their kids befriend with S8 or apartment kids.

broda said:

talk about ignorant parents in NWP - sheltering their kids from the real world way no wonder their kids will be socially inept.

qwerty said:
The Motor Court Company said:

broda said:

talk about ignorant parents in NWP - sheltering their kids from the real world way no wonder their kids will be socially inept.

The issue is not that it's just affordable housing, it's housing for the "seriously mentally ill".

Cypress Village will have their own elementary school in September 2014, so that will alleviate that "problem."  At least those kids will be closer to their school now.

As for Stonegate, no idea what's going in that space.

Hmm Let's see...

IP is done building apt in SG (hopefully)...
IP already has plan to build largest homes north of Maricopa, next to Saratoga...
IP also has plan to build something like Mendocino and Maricopa just north of SG elementary school, and that will be obviously after they sell out Mendocino...
San Mateo III will be opening soon, and both Cambria and Saratoga sales are in full swing...

My guess is that IP will be building something in the price range similar to Saratoga in that tract.
Depending on how well Saratoga does, we might see Saratoga II.  But then the tract seems big... Maybe IP will bring CA court homes to SG.  They love to recycle the plans you know.

Back