Stonegate Elementary

Seetha

Hi!
We have moved in recently from India, and with all the research about schools and its ratings we decided to live at Stonegate apartments (Mirasol) upon completing the lease agreement, and online registration for school, we have now been told that we are wait-listed.

The primary reason for choosing this school over the other was it's proximity (walk-able distance) and given that we have moved from another country I am still not equipped with a licence to drive here and spouse works in Aliso Viejo....( he can not chauffeur the child both ways)

We have still not been informed about which school our daughter might be allocated to ? and how far it is...leading us to be in a fix situation and whole purpose of seeking an apartment here is defeated. Is there something that can be done in situations like this ?? any response will be of great help

Regards

This is not uncommon.  I heard 30+ woodbury kindergartners had to go elsewhere (Cypress Village I think?) due to lack of space at Woodbury Elem.  See if you can get placement at Cypress Village - it's bike able from Stonegate.  I have also heard the elementary schools are like revolving doors - people come and go all the time so maybe you can try to get her switched back into SG after the school year starts?  If it's not somewhere bike able, maybe try to find a carpool?

Do we have a say in alternate school options ? if yes, can you pls. guide me on process, how to go about it ?
we were told at SG to wait for their call...

Not sure but doesn't school start next week?  I think the school offices opened yesterday so maybe take a walk down to SG during biz hours to ask in person? 

probably not this year, but last year SG elem was overcrowded that some unlucky SG kids had to attend another school (Cypress Village I believe). There was a shuttle service for these kids with the pick up spot near the school. So you can ask if there's a shuttle service this year as well

Or is it too late to move to Cypress Village? better for your DH's commute as well

Thanks all! yes, we have visited the school multiple times in person but to no avail :(
We have been informed that we will be informed about the allocation today (Wednesday),  hoping for the best!

I know it's not the best option but see if you can find someone to carpool with. Your hubby might be able to drive the kids in the am and have someone else bring them home in the afternoon.

OR you might find a kind soul who will just drive your kids for you.

What I heard from one of Woodbury residents that Woodbury, Stonegate and Cypress are all full back in May. His daughter was assigned to Santiago Hills.

Back