Stomach Flu

cubiczirconia

Be careful all of you with little children. My older one was fine till we decided to take a trip to Target, and within hours, she woke with severe nausea. Threw up more than ten times in an hour, and is in Hoag right now with an IV and shots combination..

Go to the doctor immediately if you notice anything wrong.
(She doesn't have any fever at all, no cold/cough/congestion)

Cubic Zirconia said:
Be careful all of you with little children. My older one was fine till we decided to take a trip to Target, and within hours, she woke with severe nausea. Threw up more than ten times in an hour, and is in Hoag right now with an IV and shots combination..

Go to the doctor immediately if you notice anything wrong.
(She doesn't have any fever at all, no cold/cough/congestion)

Something has been going around!  Hope your little one feels better!

CZ,

I hope your child has a speedy recovery. Btw, which HOAG did you go to; the new one in Irvine? How was your experience?

You also might want to buy a lot of these given it is also flu season as well:

013107hand-sanitizer.jpg

Sorry to hear ur kid got hit with the stomach bug, definitely going around, took out my kids class for a week.  Give little amounts of fluid, big volumes will just come back up

We have Purell in the cars, in their backpacks.. But I think something happened when she was at Target. She was sent home this morning. Still resting.. On fluids for today, and they want us to come back to ER if she throws up again. On medication now.

IAC, this s the one on Sand Canyon near 5 &133. I dont know if it's new or old.
Take care you guys.

Cubic Zirconia said:
We have Purell in the cars, in their backpacks.. But I think something happened when she was at Target. She was sent home this morning. Still resting.. On fluids for today, and they want us to come back to ER if she throws up again. On medication now.

Take care you guys.

Hope your little one gets better soon... :-(  Our littlest one is feeling it, as well.

I believe the incubation period is more like 1-2 full days for flu. You might want to retrace your steps a bit further back if you're worried about it.

- IrvineNonDoctor

IrvineRealtor said:
Cubic Zirconia said:

Take care you guys.

Hope your little one gets better soon... :-(  Our littlest one is feeling it, as well.

I believe the incubation period is more like 1-2 full days for flu. You might want to retrace your steps a bit further back if you're worried about it.

- IR2

Yikes! Hope your boy feels better soon.. I have kept both the kids home as a precautionary major- don't want other children to catch it :S
This time the strain is a little different, at least in my house. There was no fever, cold or cough associated with it, and she still tested positive.

Two days ago would be piano class. (thinking, since no one else in school is sick, and everyone else at home ate/visited the same place as her)
BTW, it was nice meeting you that day. I thought I had time to drop in later, but couldn't..

Get well soon, CZ2. Same as Irvine Realtor -- actually, I read symptoms appear 3 days post-contraction. Whenever mine get sick, I go back 3 days and it always adds up like clockwork. CZ, the only good thing about them being sick is they nap!

Back