stomach flu

ocbird

Just got hit by stomach flu, heard this is going around in Irvine right now.
Started after having Starbucks coffee, with a headache that turned into migraine, then vomiting.
Just wondering if anyone else got hit with this bug

ocbird said:
Started after having Starbucks coffee, with a headache that turned into migraine, then vomiting.

Both my wife and I had food poisoning earlier this week...actually we're both still recovering.  We didn't go to Starbucks, but we did have McDs one night (the Alton Square one).  I think that's what did us in.  We're now giving up that 5hithole for a few months. 

ocbird said:

Have you eaten at any of these fine establishments lately?
https://orangeeco.envisionconnect.com/#/pa2/results?FacilityName=Orange

Someone mentioned no more fro-yo at Shik Do Rak...  maybe the rats had something to do with it.

WTTCHMN said:
ocbird said:

Have you eaten at any of these fine establishments lately?
https://orangeeco.envisionconnect.com/#/pa2/results?FacilityName=Orange

Someone mentioned no more fro-yo at Shik Do Rak...  maybe the rats had something to do with it.

China Garden (the popular dim sum place on Jeffrey) closed in Feb for rodent infestation.

RE: China Garden (I remember this place was also partially burned)

I drive past that place sometimes, and I see a ton of people outside waiting during the weekend mornings.  Is it good?

zubs said:

I drive past that place sometimes, and I see a ton of people outside waiting during the weekend mornings.  Is it good?

I didn't really like it. I don't get it, I see the people waiting all the time and wonder why. Same thing with Taiko, the Japanese restaurant.

irvinehomeowner said:
zubs said:

I didn't really like it. I don't get it, I see the people waiting all the time and wonder why. Same thing with Taiko, the Japanese restaurant.

Regarding taiko, have you been during lunch?

Taiko really depends on what you order.  The lunch sesame chicken and shrimp is great.  Also the special hidden menu is good.  I like ordering the salmon kama, special number 3 or 4 (it's like fish and crab meat baked together) , forgot which and the baked scallop.  They are awesome  ;D

I've always been a fan of taiko. It's not really about presentation, fancy ingredients and all that. Large portions, good taste, traditional style Japanese comfort food. The lines are just a little bit much sometimes but it's definitely waned from the hot days of the 90's and 00's. So much more to choose from in Irvine nowadays.

Back