Stock Market Day-Trading Discussion Thread

[quote author="irvine_grad" date=1234318211]might not be as cool but you could probably do something similar w/ a 720p projector (and for a lot less)</blockquote>

It ain't the monitors. It's the Bloomberg.

[quote author="upperlowerclass" date=1233986031][quote author="PANDA" date=1233973987]Upperlowerclass,

Do you think it is a good time to buy DXO again?</blockquote>

I wouldn't

Expecting a sharp market drop soon, prolly causing temporary flight to the dollar, which would reflect poorly on short term oil. I'll just be watching the market with popcorn next week.</blockquote>

UpperLowerClass,

You are a genuis.. Did not touch DXO because you told Panda not to. Whew!, sure glad i listened to you. Let me know when you are getting back in on DXO. Panda wants to get back in and ride this bad boy.

Does anyone trade internationally on etrade?

It seems like the Hang Seng follows the DJI pretty well...can't that be taken advantage of by buying or shorting the HSI in Hong Kong in real time?

Or am I just being a naive n00b.

There have been plenty of times when the Hang Seng doesn't dow what the DOW does. Plus, if they do follow the DJI it opens lower instantly. So if DJI was down 10% and Hang Seng were to follow...it would open instantly 10% lower before you can even do anything.

[quote author="PANDA" date=1234482877]BV are you loading up on stocks right now? DOW seems awfully low right now at 7788.</blockquote>

LOL yes panda. I'm stocking up like a mad man. Just like I'm stocking up on Zimbabwe dollars. THIS IS THE BOTTOM!!!!!!

Btw what is your reasoning for the DOW being awefully low? The fact that our unemployment is soaring? home values falling?

Only thing I would be loading up on is HP since our treasury just ordered 5,500 printers to increase dollar production.

[quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1234483543][quote author="PANDA" date=1234482877]BV are you loading up on stocks right now? DOW seems awfully low right now at 7788.</blockquote>

LOL yes panda. I'm stocking up like a mad man. Just like I'm stocking up on Zimbabwe dollars. THIS IS THE BOTTOM!!!!!!</blockquote>

You go BV, that's exactly what i thought you were doing. Word to your mother! :)

Upperlowerclass, can Panda get in on DXO yet? Last time when you recommended DXO, I cleared 50% profit in two days. I want to do it again. I ain't doing anything until you give me your thumbs up.

Panda,

I'm a momentum trader. Long term investment for me is 2 weeks and thats if the investment fails. If I'm right, I'm out within a day. I analyze what the market has done recently, plug in global econimic and financial data, and interpret where its going next. Only time I'll hold an investment longer than two weeks is if I'm abusing it to sell calls/puts.

[quote author="graphrix" date=1234484086]Crap! I just went short Zimbabwe dollars.</blockquote>

I have a weird funny Panda feeling that our U.S. dollar will end up like the Zimbabwe dollars.

Alright 196 more non-sense posts to reach the McMansion status on the IHB. Dang, it is a lot of work!

[quote author="graphrix" date=1234484086]Crap! I just went short Zimbabwe dollars.</blockquote>

Ouch, youre gonna be screwed. I heard that Monopoly is going to replace it's currency with Zimbabwe dollars. That should drive demand.

BTW, since I can't play WOW. I really want to buy some Blizzard shares (ATVI)...I should have bought some at its low today...but oh well. I'll see if there is another opportunity.

[quote author="PANDA" date=1234484215][quote author="graphrix" date=1234484086]Crap! I just went short Zimbabwe dollars.</blockquote>

I have a weird funny Panda feeling that our U.S. dollar will end up like the Zimbabwe dollars.</blockquote>

You have had that "feeling" for a while now, and your "feeling" has been wrong. Never trade with "feelings" because you are proof that "feelings" make bad trades.

Time to go long on the dollar everyone, Panda is getting "feelings" about it again.

[quote author="PANDA" date=1234484215][quote author="graphrix" date=1234484086]Crap! I just went short Zimbabwe dollars.</blockquote>

I have a weird funny Panda feeling that our U.S. dollar will end up like the Zimbabwe dollars.

Alright 196 more non-sense posts to reach the McMansion status on the IHB. Dang, it is a lot of work!</blockquote>

Panda,

I hope you keep all that emotion bottled up when you make investment decisions. I don't know you that well, but judging so far you wouldn't do well at what I do.

Reason I profit in the market is because I feed off of fear and excitement.

Plus, don't you own gold? Don't you want the dollar to collapse? If you do, I wouldn't be shorting the dollar. Owning gold and shorting the dollar is double edged sword. If you're right great, if youre wrong...it sucks. That is same as when I just bought Exxon yesterday and sold puts. If it goes lower, I'm screwed 2x over.

[quote author="graphrix" date=1234484364][quote author="PANDA" date=1234484215][quote author="graphrix" date=1234484086]Crap! I just went short Zimbabwe dollars.</blockquote>

I have a weird funny Panda feeling that our U.S. dollar will end up like the Zimbabwe dollars.</blockquote>

You have had that "feeling" for a while now, and your "feeling" has been wrong. Never trade with "feelings" because you are proof that "feelings" make bad trades.

Time to go long on the dollar everyone, Panda is getting "feelings" about it again.</blockquote>

That's right!

[quote author="upperlowerclass" date=1233986031][quote author="PANDA" date=1233973987]Upperlowerclass,

Do you think it is a good time to buy DXO again?</blockquote>

I wouldn't

Expecting a sharp market drop soon, prolly causing temporary flight to the dollar, which would reflect poorly on short term oil. I'll just be watching the market with popcorn next week.</blockquote>

Even at $2.36? Dxo dropped 7% on Friday? I am tempted to buy next week.

[quote author="graphrix" date=1234484364][quote author="PANDA" date=1234484215][quote author="graphrix" date=1234484086]Crap! I just went short Zimbabwe dollars.</blockquote>

Time to go long on the dollar everyone, Panda is getting "feelings" about it again.</blockquote>

Graph and BV,

Do you guys know if there is an ETF ticker for the Singapore Dollar?

Trouble is a brewing...

<a href="http://market-ticker.denninger.net/archives/801-RED-ALERT-FX-Dislocation-In-Process-Updated-1147-PM.html">FX Dislocation</a>

RED ALERT: FX Dislocation In Process - Updated (11:47 PM)

8:17 CT

I do not know what is going on here, and I don't think I want to.

Someone, apparently someone in Asia, wants dollars. A LOT of dollars. There is a forced-liquidation event underway that is massive, it is against all asset classes and it is spreading.

It originated at approximately 7:15 CT this evening and originated out of Asia somewhere. All of the primary currency crosses got hit at once - Euro, Pound, Yen - all weakened dramatically against the dollar and it is still going on. The Asian stock markets got walloped at the same time in coordinated waves of forced selling.

At the same time the US futures markets got nailed as well, down some six handles on the /ES in a near-vertical drop. While this sounds "not that big" to move these markets in a coordinated fashion like this is a trillion-dollar enterprise - this is not some small company that went bankrupt, or even a large company.

There is no news coverage at the present time identifying the source of this but it is not small and contrary to some reports it is not "automatic selling"; this is forced liquidation.

Folks, if this translates into Eastern Europe where there are severe instabilities already brewing literally everything in the financial world could come apart "all at once."

The worse news is that if this happens Bernanke will have killed us (in the US) by extending those swap lines all over the planet during the last six months. These will become utterly uncollectable and they are massive, in the many hundreds of billions of dollars.

To those who are reading this, I hope if you're in the markets you are prepared for extreme levels of violence. You must expect that the authorities will try to arrest the destruction if they are able, but you must also be prepared for the possibility that we have reached a "critical mass" point beyond which "duck and cover" is the only winning strategy.

Unfortunately.

I hope I'm wrong; this is going to be a long night.

Funny, it's the Koreans who want the dollar so badly. Futures are off, but any time I have ever posted about what the futures are doing at this time of night... well... I have been right, once out of like 8 times. But... buying some VIX calls is looking good right about now. It's been awfully quite with the VIX of late.

Back